iPhone 4S is the best smartphone you can buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had one of the first great Android phones (HTC Droid Incredible) and kept it until about a month ago when I bought a 4S. Is Android a quality phone OS, absolutely. Are the new Android phones superior to the 4S in terms of hardware, yes again.

The kicker is this, I bought the 4S because it was the right phone for me right now. It has a great form factor (I prefer a smaller phone.. again, preference), it is reasonably fast in 3G, and it's reliable as hell. It doesn't do more for me than my old Android phone did (except for the customization part, but I didn't root my old phone anyway), but it does exactly what I need it to do and more.

In a couple of years, who knows?? Just imagine what we'll have available in two years.

The Droid Incredible was one heck of a device and it was fast, too. I wish the build quality was better in regard to its plastic housing unit.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Right now I am happy using this phone. I really don't see any need for the I phone but who knows what the future holds. I really like this phone!

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that is what I said. The Galaxy 3 blows the current iPhone out of the water. I have used the I phone for years, and this Android is the real deal. I really don't see want a longer phone. I think Apple has painted themselves in a corner. I remember when BlackBerry was top shelf. I think iOS is headed in the same direction. We shall see.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that is what I said. The Galaxy 3 blows the current iPhone out of the water. I have used the I phone for years, and this Android is the real deal. I really don't see want a longer phone. I think Apple has painted themselves in a corner. I remember when BlackBerry was top shelf. I think iOS is headed in the same direction. We shall see.

Touch Wiz is a joke. Until all Androids are running pure Google, it's going to be second to the iPhone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i could not even focus long enough to read the whole opening statement posted by the OP, and i did not read everyones posts either.

Now, is the iP4S the best device? for ME it is, but for someone else it may not be. Long and short of it, people choose different devices with what will fit their needs/wants the best - and that device they choose will be the BEST one for them;):)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
i could not even focus long enough to read the whole opening statement posted by the OP, and i did not read everyones posts either.

Now, is the iP4S the best device? for ME it is, but for someone else it may not be. Long and short of it, people choose different devices with what will fit their needs/wants the best - and that device they choose will be the BEST one for them;):)

This is true. But I would say very few have specific needs. When it comes to android, almost always those "specific needs" center around larger screens, being cheap, and customization. And probably in that order.

If there's one big problem for Apple, it's how resolution dependent the apps are. We've gone over why they had to double resolution. For the 4" 16:9 move, Apple is having to get creative. But make no mistake, they're very limited in what they can do to increase screen size without disrupting all their apps. And it remains to be seen what effect on apps even the rumored increase will have.

Android has never had this problem and it's why android makers can easily increase screen size (resulting in fragmentation). Even MS had to make some changes to allow higher resolutions.

But something to keep in mind. Apple is definitely motivated and focused on iphone. Apple's iphone is 2/3 of their net income. It's by far the largest contributor to their margins. It's easily the most important product they have. It HAS to do well. Doing "well" doesn't mean leading in market share, it just means gradually increasing sales while keeping with their desired margin. Apple is a premium product only company, unlike their competition, although the competition does offer premium products as well.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Touch Wiz is a joke. Until all Androids are running pure Google, it's going to be second to the iPhone.

Old TouchWiz yes. The version on the S3 is quite good. But truth be told, I simply use Apex launcher if I want a change.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

toppa

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Agree with zeteo with longer iPhone isn't the way to go, bad idea but heading in the direction of blackberry I doubt it. Why? Cause people have invested a lot in apps purchase and thats the reason I would buy a next iPhone but not until BB10 to see what rim is gonna offer

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

The Galaxy 3 is a fine phone, but nothing about it blows anything out of the water honestly in my opinion...it's just a good option for people who want to try something else (until the new iPhone is released). I still found the OS to be clunky, the camera was not even in the same ball park...it has a really nice screen though, and the phone feels solid (something you rarely find with android devices). It's a fine option, but it's no game changer.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Thee is no perfect smartphone. The "best smartphone" is the device that works best for you. I'm not sure why having the best smartphone is so important.

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was a BB user (work supplied), and when it was upgrade time, we had the option to get any BB, Android or iPhone. I chose the 4s, and have been extremely happy with it. The only thing I miss is profiles, but it's not a big deal, and not worth jailbreaking for. I like the form factor, and that is the main reason I didn't go with a larger Android. Yes, a bigger screen is nice, but then I have a bigger phone to lug around all day. The iPhone screen is so good, that a bigger screen just isn't necessary for me. I am not looking forward to the iPhone 5 because of the bigger form factor.

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I was a BB user (work supplied), and when it was upgrade time, we had the option to get any BB, Android or iPhone. I chose the 4s, and have been extremely happy with it. The only thing I miss is profiles, but it's not a big deal, and not worth jailbreaking for. I like the form factor, and that is the main reason I didn't go with a larger Android. Yes, a bigger screen is nice, but then I have a bigger phone to lug around all day. The iPhone screen is so good, that a bigger screen just isn't necessary for me. I am not looking forward to the iPhone 5 because of the bigger form factor.

I am pretty much in the same boat. I have been a BB user through work for many years, however will be switching to the iPhone 5 when it comes out next month (thought about the SGS3, but will likely make it the iPhone 5). I will miss the easy profile selection that BB offers. By nature of my job, I have to have my phone available for calls at night when sleeping, however want to silence all e-mail's and text messages. The calls that I will get could come from any of about 400 numbers, so it is not real feasible to use the whitelist of the Do Not Disturb function, or whatever it is called. I really hope that iOS6 will have an easy way for phone calls to come through, but everything else silenced.

Looking forward to the iPhone experience!

Last edited:

mjh483

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
To say that the iPhone 4S is the "best smartphone" in today's day and age is simply NOT true. I'm glad that the 4S is the best for "you", but it certainly isn't the best for "all" which is what your OP is trying to imply. ;)
Yes, I do mean that it is not only best for me, it is generally the best for everyone. Customer satisfaction of iPhones is the highest of all. Now people are saying that they want bigger screens, but just a few years ago 3.5 inches was enough for everyone. iPhone's screen looks small because you compare it to other phones. It has all the features most people want or need in a very seamless and easy- to-use way.

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
If only the new iphone would have a 4inch screen. That would be the best. Im not a fanboy , i tried both sides. Apple and samsung galaxy s2. I have them both. Sgs2 is good for multimedia but iphone is good for be it multimedia, games, good apps. Application development in apple is better than android.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
If there's not "best smartphone," is there a "worst smartphone?" What would qualify as worst now? Some Symbian device or a low end Android? Maybe even BB? Just curious what people think.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If there's not "best smartphone," is there a "worst smartphone?" What would qualify as worst now? Some Symbian device or a low end Android? Maybe even BB? Just curious what people think.

I think that falls in line with there is no general all around worst smart phone. I think for each person, there is a best smart phone and a worst smart phone. Each person has what works for them and what wouldn't work for them and they base their choice on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal