Me being happy with what I got isn't the point here... It's the fact that a couple of people seem to think they know more about MY phone (camera and battery life) than I do. I never once bashed your iPhone, never said anything about it that wasn't true, never said I have the best smartphone in the world, and didn't come here to start a fight. I simply corrected a couple of assumptions so that people could see the other side from someone who actually HAS the phone and uses it on a daily basis.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    Nah, you're right, you never bashed the iPhone, you just decided to come to an iPhone forum and tell us how your phone is just as good in some ways and better in other ways...you decided to plop into a thread praising the iPhone to talk about your Samsung.

Yeah, im sure your intentions were completely innocent, right? haha...it's ok. Enjoy your phone, it will be a really great phone that people want to talk about for at least a few more weeks anyways.
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-14-2012 10:54 AM
    I know this first hand....If you give up your iPhone 4/4S for a shiny new Android phone, you will be fine for a while....but eventually, you'll be back....
    08-14-2012 11:00 AM
    Nah, you're right, you never bashed the iPhone, you just decided to come to an iPhone forum and tell us how your phone is just as good in some ways and better in other ways...you decided to plop into a thread praising the iPhone to talk about your Samsung.

Yeah, im sure your intentions were completely innocent, right? haha...it's ok. Enjoy your phone, it will be a really great phone that people want to talk about for at least a few more weeks anyways.
    Like I said, we still have an iPhone in the family, so yeah I browse the forums from time to time just like you...

But hey, at least I'm not alone right? See below:

I have both galaxy s3 and iPhone 4s. I prefer the iPhone 4s for media as I am used to the iOS interface more, but I have no problem putting the galaxy s3 in my pocket. It is a good size and very slim. As far as speed goes I hate to tell you that the galaxy s3 is much faster than the 4s. With that being said I think it is more appropriate to hold off the comparisons until the next iPhone comes out since the 4s is approaching a year old and the galaxy s3 has just recently been released. I hope the next iPhone adds a larger battery though because my 4s cannot last the day and my s3 does easily
    I agree, the sgs3 beats the iPhone 4s. The app argument is grasping at straws anymore as just about every iPhone app is available on android and works just as we'll. I am interested to see what the next iPhone brings hopefully its not just another minor upgrade like the 4s was.
    I stopped reading after the first few sentences because it got boring pretty quickly, but I disagree. I do not believe the iPhone is the best smartphone out there. It is the most fluid, consistent one there is....but let's be real here. It has easily been surpassed by android in several ways. Notifications are better over there, tweaking (which I don't do) and a few minor other things. I will use iOS for the foreseeable future, but it's not the leader IMHO.

The apps argument is nothing, fragmentation exists on iOS, and since I am on AT&T, I would get a galaxy nexus and update to all releases of Android.
    S3 whoops my ip4 on every level.
    We have both in our household
    I don't think that is what I said. The Galaxy 3 blows the current iPhone out of the water. I have used the I phone for years, and this Android is the real deal. I really don't see want a longer phone. I think Apple has painted themselves in a corner. I remember when BlackBerry was top shelf. I think iOS is headed in the same direction. We shall see.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

And I didn't "plop into this thread to talk about my Samsung".....I answered the question below:

And many people have also replied that some Android super phones surpass iPhone in many ways. I would appreciate if you guys can elaborate.
    08-14-2012 11:14 AM
    I know this first hand....If you give up your iPhone 4/4S for a shiny new Android phone, you will be fine for a while....but eventually, you'll be back....
    Sure, eventually I might be...never claimed I wouldn't.
    08-14-2012 11:15 AM
    The 4S may have the best camera, but the HTC One X stands right beside it, also with the best camera.
    This has been verified in many reviews.
    08-14-2012 12:00 PM
    The 4S may have the best camera, but the HTC One X stands right beside it, also with the best camera.
    This has been verified in many reviews.
    Oh you're brave... These folks don't like hearing stuff like that.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-14-2012 12:01 PM
    Idea: If you want to talk about Android, go to Android Central.
    08-14-2012 12:06 PM
    See...

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-14-2012 12:07 PM
    See...

sent using my Galaxy S3
    Yup. I see. Clearly. You're here to be like an immersion blender in a septic tank stirring up your Android ****.
    08-14-2012 12:10 PM
    Don't be mad at me... Lol, be mad at the guy who started such an ignorantly titled thread and opened the door for discussion.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-14-2012 12:12 PM
    Oh you're brave... These folks don't like hearing stuff like that.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    Not brave, just stating what reviews have pointed out. I think that one should use whatever fits them best, and not bash other's phones. I used Android for 3 years, and have recently came over to the 4S. I liked Android, and still do, but IOS seems to fit better for my use. It does what I need to do, and I know that I am going to get an update every year, and not be left wondering if an update will ever come. Enjoy your S3, and keep an open mind! Just my $.02.
    08-14-2012 12:22 PM
    Not brave, just stating what reviews have pointed out. I think that one should use whatever fits them best, and not bash other's phones. I used Android for 3 years, and have recently came over to the 4S. I liked Android, and still do, but IOS seems to fit better for my use. It does what I need to do, and I know that I am going to get an update every year, and not be left wondering if an update will ever come. Enjoy your S3, and keep an open mind! Just my $.02.
    Keep an open mind? When have I NOT? I came from an iPhone... In fact I've probably had more phones in the past year than I could even count up in my head. I never said anything as far as the S3 being better for me that wasn't factual. Remember, I used to be one of you... The ones who defend their iPhone just like I'm defending my S3. Fact is, as it's already been said, there IS no best smartphone in the world... It's whatever fits you best. I'm not trying to force anything on anyone or try and get you to switch over, as I've said more than once.. Just correcting a couple of assumptions about this phone in regards to the camera and the battery life... It escalated from there into the crap it is now. Can we drop this now?

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-14-2012 12:30 PM
    Yes, by all means let's drop this now.
    kch50428 and roll-tide like this.
    08-14-2012 12:42 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD