OMG my iPhone is the best phone ever and the S3 is just a toy! Your phones has to be charged, haha! My camera is better than yours!

On a serious note, it's not hard to believe that the S3 can in fact get 12+ hours of usage when used under medium-heavy usage given the screenshot by a person who OWNS the phone. The camera is very comparable to the 4S and the S3 has a bunch of features that I would love to have on my iPhone. I feel that given the samples posted the claims of battery life and camera quality are believable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    roll-tide likes this.
    08-13-2012 03:15 PM
    OMG my iPhone is the best phone ever and the S3 is just a toy! Your phones has to be charged, haha! My camera is better than yours!

On a serious note, it's not hard to believe that the S3 can in fact get 12+ hours of usage when used under medium-heavy usage given the screenshot by a person who OWNS the phone. The camera is very comparable to the 4S and the S3 has a bunch of features that I would love to have on my iPhone. I feel that given the samples posted the claims of battery life and camera quality are believable.

I think the S3 is a fine phone...i never said it was a toy at all. The camera is better than the S3's though, sorry, it's just a fact.

Just to put this out there, notice after the battery debate for a second there, he had to explain how he was getting such performance...my approach was simply taking the S3 generally for what it is, and in that case, there's no way you're getting that kind of battery life out of it under moderate/heavy usage.

Alas, it's quite easy to ruffle some of your feathers...fun too.
    08-13-2012 03:49 PM
    I think the S3 is a fine phone...i never said it was a toy at all. The camera is better than the S3's though, sorry, it's just a fact.

Just to put this out there, notice after the battery debate for a second there, he had to explain how he was getting such performance...my approach was simply taking the S3 generally for what it is, and in that case, there's no way you're getting that kind of battery life out of it under moderate/heavy usage.

My feathers are not ruffled and while the camera in the 4S may be the "best" that was not the statement made. The S3's camera is comparable to the 4S camera. The battery is not hard to believe at all given that after almost 12 hours of light usage there is 57% battery left then I say that it is believable that you can get 12+ hours of usage with moderate to heavy usage

08-13-2012 03:54 PM
    But it's not on par...it's lesser. The pic examples shown earlier were one source, i don't think i have to point out that there are literally thousands of other sources showing the better quality from the 4S camera. The S3's camera is better...MUCH better than before, but it's still 2nd at best.

I guess i'll never know if the battery life is truly capable of that, i can only go by what i read on the user forums of the device (which don't commonly reflect those numbers)...either way, even at 10 hours under moderate usage, it's still quite good.
    08-13-2012 04:11 PM

Good grief dude...nobody is bashing your precious iPhone, so why are you so dead set on being a ***** about this? So does this mean you use your iPhone just how it is setup out of the box? I didn't...I did the same thing with it as I do with my S3...lower brightness, limit what apps sync and how often, and limit the use of gps if I can...all are typical things people do to increase battery life. By your comment, I'm supposed to be using my phone just as it came out of the box...brightness turned up, crappy widgets, and all?

Bottom line is, you just (for some reason) can't fathom the thought of an Android phone with a big hd screen, dual core processor, and LTE getting decent battery life. Compared to my iPhone, my experience with battery life on the S3 is pretty close...so that must REALLY **** you off huh? Example, right now after being off the charger since 6:00am (about 10 hours), I am at 37%...and I've been bickering with you all day, emailing my wife, checking Twitter, on the phone, etc...a fairly heavy day for me. You got facts? Fine, hit me with em...but don't try and tell ME what I'm NOT getting out of MY phone. You want me to setup some widgets or some other crap and do a little test for ya?? I will, even though I think widgets are useless..at least for me.

And before you go there, my feathers ain't ruffled...yet. All I have done is try and show you what I know to be possible, and all you've done is stubbornly say there's absolutely NO way it can happen.
    08-13-2012 04:52 PM
    Battery life on a S3 is comparable to an iPhone 4S. It's not bad at all, but under heavy usage you're gonna have to recharge both devices sometime during the day. If you just make phone calls, the S3 will last a lot longer because it has a significantly larger battery, bigger by almost 50% I if I recall correctly. I think if you reduce screen brightness and turn off a bunch of widgets, the S3 battery life should exceed the iPhone 4S.
    roll-tide likes this.
    08-13-2012 05:24 PM
    Just an update on today... And this was one of my worst yet. 11.5 hours and counting....

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-13-2012 06:43 PM
    Good grief dude...nobody is bashing your precious iPhone, so why are you so dead set on being a ***** about this? So does this mean you use your iPhone just how it is setup out of the box? I didn't...I did the same thing with it as I do with my S3...lower brightness, limit what apps sync and how often, and limit the use of gps if I can...all are typical things people do to increase battery life. By your comment, I'm supposed to be using my phone just as it came out of the box...brightness turned up, crappy widgets, and all?

Bottom line is, you just (for some reason) can't fathom the thought of an Android phone with a big hd screen, dual core processor, and LTE getting decent battery life. Compared to my iPhone, my experience with battery life on the S3 is pretty close...so that must REALLY **** you off huh? Example, right now after being off the charger since 6:00am (about 10 hours), I am at 37%...and I've been bickering with you all day, emailing my wife, checking Twitter, on the phone, etc...a fairly heavy day for me. You got facts? Fine, hit me with em...but don't try and tell ME what I'm NOT getting out of MY phone. You want me to setup some widgets or some other crap and do a little test for ya?? I will, even though I think widgets are useless..at least for me.

And before you go there, my feathers ain't ruffled...yet. All I have done is try and show you what I know to be possible, and all you've done is stubbornly say there's absolutely NO way it can happen.
    Why do you keep thinking im mad at your phone? haha...i think you have a great phone! I just think it's funny when people (you) correct others (earlier with cardfan) with things that are either A.) Untrue (camera), or B.) Unorthodox (your personal battery life compared to that of what i've researched online with the GS3)...it's ok man! If you love your little android phone so much, who cares!?

And what's with the "yet", is that some kind of premonition i should be afraid of? lol! Give me a break bud, you're in a thread that discusses the merits and the great phone that is the iPhone 4S...in reflection of that, who cares what your "precious phone" can do?

I thoroughly enjoy getting you android fans riled up, especially since you feel (for some reason) that arguing how awesome your phones on an iPhone forum is some how relevant or interesting.

Thanks for playing though!

08-13-2012 07:55 PM
    Why do you keep thinking im mad at your phone? haha...i think you have a great phone! I just think it's funny when people (you) correct others (earlier with cardfan) with things that are either A.) Untrue (camera), or B.) Unorthodox (your personal battery life compared to that of what i've researched online with the GS3)...it's ok man! If you love your little android phone so much, who cares!?

And what's with the "yet", is that some kind of premonition i should be afraid of? lol! Give me a break bud, you're in a thread that discusses the merits and the great phone that is the iPhone 4S...in reflection of that, who cares what your "precious phone" can do?

I thoroughly enjoy getting you android fans riled up, especially since you feel (for some reason) that arguing how awesome your phones on an iPhone forum is some how relevant or interesting.

Thanks for playing though!

Click to view quoted image

Nice try, but you ain't gonna turn this around on me...lol.

1) me correcting cardfan had nothing to with the camera...YOU started that one, not me. I corrected him on the version of the OS and amount of bloatware apps.
    2) what you've researched online simply can't be compared to what my actual usage has been...and I'm proved that more than once
    3) the "yet" is a premonition, you guessed it...because you are obviously the type who doesn't like to be proven wrong and I can definitely foresee you not letting this go
    4) the only reason I'm arguing my point is well, see number 3...that about covers it

again, i'm not riled up...you brought up the argument about the camera being better on the 4S, again I never said it wasn't. You brought up the argument about the battery life sucking on the S3, again I have proved that just because you "researched online" about it, that you CAN get good life out of the S3...13hrs, I'm at 17%
    08-13-2012 08:05 PM
    Nice try, but you ain't gonna turn this around on me...lol.

1) me correcting cardfan had nothing to with the camera...YOU started that one, not me. I corrected him on the version of the OS and amount of bloatware apps.
    2) what you've researched online simply can't be compared to what my actual usage has been...and I'm proved that more than once
    3) the "yet" is a premonition, you guessed it...because you are obviously the type who doesn't like to be proven wrong and I can definitely foresee you not letting this go
    4) the only reason I'm arguing my point is well, see number 3...that about covers it

again, i'm not riled up...you brought up the argument about the camera being better on the 4S, again I never said it wasn't. You brought up the argument about the battery life sucking on the S3, again I have proved that just because you "researched online" about it, that you CAN get good life out of the S3...13hrs, I'm at 17%
    I never said the battery life "sucked", i actually said it was quite good if you go back and read!

And i haven't been proven wrong here bud! You did tell cardfan the camera was on par (which it isn't), and i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with your earlier stated numbers since you're talking your specific phone and im talking about multiple people who have reported on their phones battery life...it can be compared because its the same phone! But in the same light, a lot of people say they get terrible battery life on the 4S, and many (like me) never experienced that, so it can be hit or miss i suppose.

Don't be mad, be happy, you have a phone you love enough to come on an iPhone forum and defend it to death! Congratulations! (i dont know what for, but take it anyways there champ!) I'll let it go now, feel free to tell me how im being a fanboy on an iPhone forum about the iPhone if you like. :o
    08-13-2012 09:00 PM
    I never said the battery life "sucked", i actually said it was quite good if you go back and read!

And i haven't been proven wrong here bud! You did tell cardfan the camera was on par (which it isn't), and i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with your earlier stated numbers since you're talking your specific phone and im talking about multiple people who have reported on their phones battery life...it can be compared because its the same phone! But in the same light, a lot of people say they get terrible battery life on the 4S, and many (like me) never experienced that, so it can be hit or miss i suppose.

Don't be mad, be happy, you have a phone you love enough to come on an iPhone forum and defend it to death! Congratulations! (i dont know what for, but take it anyways there champ!) I'll let it go now, feel free to tell me how im being a fanboy on an iPhone forum about the iPhone if you like. :o
    The only reason I still stop by is because my mother is still using an iPhone 4 and I just like phones in general so I try and keep up to date on everything...

In regards to battery life, you essentially told me i was lying and it just wasn't possible...initially, you said nothing about all of this "research" you did about other S3's. I simply showed you it WAS possible. And you're right, I know of several people who said the 4S got terrible battery life, and mine was always really good..so, finally, we agree on something. I don't use the term fanboy, I think it's stupid...I'm just not afraid of debating when I know what I'm talking about.
    08-13-2012 09:10 PM
    1) It runs Android 4.0.4 out of the box, the newest version of Android available on a phone....so you're wrong there.

2) On my Verizon S3, I've got MAYBE 10 bloatware apps at the most...all of which can be disabled without rooting, so again, you're wrong.
    1. 4.1 is the latest. If you had a Nexus instead of a samsung super bloatware gs3(times the bloatware) special that might or might not receive an update someday, you'd know better.

2. The UI itself is bloatware. Did you disable that too? But let's pretend you're correct. Don't you think 10 is 10 too many? Here's one of many threads on it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...tions-mgr.html LOL.

Look, when it comes down to it, we all know why you like the phone. It has a bigger screen for the kiddos. It's the main reason why most android users pick android. But it's no iphone. Bloatware, worse camera, virtually no support, lag, stuttering, fragmented app store, terrible battery life, etc. The list goes on...
    08-13-2012 09:11 PM
    1. 4.1 is the latest. If you had a Nexus instead of a samsung super bloatware gs3(times the bloatware) special that might or might not receive an update someday, you'd know better.

2. The UI itself is bloatware. Did you disable that too? But let's pretend you're correct. Don't you think 10 is 10 too many? Here's one of many threads on it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...tions-mgr.html LOL.

Look, when it comes down to it, we all know why you like the phone. It has a bigger screen for the kiddos. It's the main reason why most android users pick android. But it's no iphone. Bloatware, worse camera, virtually no support, lag, stuttering, fragmented app store, terrible battery life, etc. The list goes on.
    4.1 is the latest, yes...but only on the Nexus 7. You have to root on the Galaxy Nexus to get it, and I don't count that since it's not official.

The UI is visual, is does nothing to affect the usability or typical functions of the phone...it just looks different, no biggie. And as far as bloatware, who cares?? So I've got a few Verizon apps that I'll never use...they're disabled now, out of sight out of mind.

Again, the camera is IN MY EXPERIENCE (along with cnet's, apparently) at least as good as the 4S...I never said the camera is better than an iPhone, but it IS at least damn close to it. Lag?? Have you actually used this phone? Not even gonna comment on that, that's laughable. Battery life has been covered, go back and read.

But you're right, it's no iPhone...
    08-13-2012 09:19 PM
    Saban still eats babies...i have no proof of this, but I've heard there are many headless babies in Tuscaloosa.
    08-13-2012 09:47 PM
    4.1 is the latest, yes...but only on the Nexus 7. You have to root on the Galaxy Nexus to get it, and I don't count that since it's not official.

The UI is visual, is does nothing to affect the usability or typical functions of the phone...it just looks different, no biggie. And as far as bloatware, who cares?? So I've got a few Verizon apps that I'll never use...they're disabled now, out of sight out of mind.

Again, the camera is IN MY EXPERIENCE (along with cnet's, apparently) at least as good as the 4S...I never said the camera is better than an iPhone, but it IS at least damn close to it. Lag?? Have you actually used this phone? Not even gonna comment on that, that's laughable. Battery life has been covered, go back and read.

Jellybean is actually official on the gsm versions of the Galaxy Nexus, and I think the Nexus S. So you are wrong about running the latest software. You will eventually get there though. And I will back you up on battery life. If you know how run an android phone, battery life can be excellent. I get 16-18 hours out of my Nexus with moderate to heavy usage.
    08-13-2012 09:47 PM
    Jellybean is actually official on the gsm versions of the Galaxy Nexus, and I think the Nexus S. So you are wrong about running the latest software. You will eventually get there though. And I will back you up on battery life. If you know how run an android phone, battery life can be excellent. I get 16-18 hours out of my Nexus with moderate to heavy usage.
    You are correct... My bad, I was thinking of the Verizon nexus only. At least I can admit when I'm wrong.... Lol

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-13-2012 09:51 PM

Lag?? Have you actually used this phone? Not even gonna comment on that, that's laughable. Battery life has been covered, go back and read.

Lag? Isn't part of the goal with 4.1 to be "buttery?" That pretty much tells you what Google thought of past versions. But even with 4.1, it's not on par with iOS in terms of scrolling, responsiveness, and general lag. iOS will always set the bar in that department vs android.

The UI is a skin over top of android that pretty much started as an attempt to make it look like an iphone. That slows crap down. It's not needed. It's bloatware.

Sorry man, I'm glad you found a phone you like. But I couldn't imagine going backwards. The next Nexus? Maybe. But not one of these bloated mid year release android phones. Too bad a new iphone always seems to be out prior to a nexus and I never get tempted.
    08-13-2012 11:07 PM
    Yes you win, my phone sucks... Lol

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-13-2012 11:11 PM

sent using my Galaxy S3
    How 'bout you go to Andriod central and extol the virtues of the iPhone...
    08-13-2012 11:15 PM
    How 'bout you go to Andriod central and extol the virtues of the iPhone...
    Just remember how this got started.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-13-2012 11:18 PM

sent using my Galaxy S3
    Knowing is half the battle..
    08-14-2012 07:01 AM
    Knowing is half the battle..
    Took you two tries and this is what you came up with? Good job

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-14-2012 07:02 AM
    As long as you're happy.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk
    08-14-2012 07:20 AM
    Took you two tries and this is what you came up with? Good job

sent using my Galaxy S3
    You like what you got and that's all that matters. I'll leave it at that.
    08-14-2012 08:59 AM
    Me being happy with what I got isn't the point here... It's the fact that a couple of people seem to think they know more about MY phone (camera and battery life) than I do. I never once bashed your iPhone, never said anything about it that wasn't true, never said I have the best smartphone in the world, and didn't come here to start a fight. I simply corrected a couple of assumptions so that people could see the other side from someone who actually HAS the phone and uses it on a daily basis.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    08-14-2012 09:05 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD