Seven languages on ONE app! Both receptive AND expressive basic object naming activit

Stevesmith007

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Apple! Manzana! Pomme! How many ways can you say it? Just select the language of your choice and start playing! This beautifully illustrated and photographed, multi-language app is perfect for the toddler or speech-delayed child who is learning how to label common nouns as well as for any child who wants to learn the names of basic objects.

A great way to informally screen a bilingual child?s receptive and expressive basic vocabulary skills.

The app has a core of 50 objects, which are shown 10 or more ways so the child with special needs can more readily generalize their meaning. For example, ?chair? is shown as a wooden chair, a blue plastic lawn chair, an overstuffed upholstered chair, a rolling desk chair, and even a plastic toy pink chair.

There are 3 activities: Learn the Word, Find the Word (receptive vocabulary) and Say the Word (expressive vocabulary). In the Learn the Word activity, the child is taught the name for the word by a native speaker of the selected language by hearing and seeing it 5 times. In the Find the Word activity, the child is shown 5 pictures and is asked to find the requested object. The Say the Word game features a fun spinner and recording feature! The word is then played back and the user can compare to the model for that word, in whatever language has been chosen.

App Store - First Words International Pro

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Spanish English dictionary and translator on my iPhone 4S for my work, it performs all my desired work.
The app you listed is damn good for the purpose. The best part of the app is that it is well designed and very user friendly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711