Hey everyone, new iPad owner incoming!

dv220s

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just got my new iPad today/yesterday (12:30 here) and I'm really happy with it so far. This is coming from a HP Touchpad so I'm thoroughly impressed with it. Can anyone point me to suggestions on what I can get as my first paid apps (free $50 iTunes gift card)

Thanks everyone!

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
congrats. I just ordered one last night myself. I'm about an hour from any stores that carry one, so I grabbed one off of the Apple.com store last night. 32GB Verizon. (No AT&T in my rustic area.) I was going to get a refurbished iPad 2 64GB Verizon for $579, but the quad core graphics card seems a bit more future proof. I should be okay for two years without really needing an upgrade.

I'll use it primarily for school and games. I'll need to find the best Office replacement app. I owned an iPad 2 at one point, but had to turn around and sell it to replace a piece of ^%*&*(^ HP laptop that had a nice factory defect that HP decided was user error despite my pointing out three forums worth of people discussing the exact same problem with that model, not to mention a few reviews on Amazon like that. (

I already own quite a few apps and games, so I'll redownload those and install them on my new iPad. I have a Galaxy Tab that I bought on clearance but quite a few of these games and apps have never been sold on Android. I might keep my Tab as a comic book ereader since sideloading CBR/CBZ files is so much quicker than going thru iTunes. I can clear out most of the apps/movies and load up 10 or 12GB of nothing but comics. Be nice to have my complete EC and Valiant collections on one device and just leave them there. :)

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just got my new iPad today/yesterday (12:30 here) and I'm really happy with it so far. This is coming from a HP Touchpad so I'm thoroughly impressed with it. Can anyone point me to suggestions on what I can get as my first paid apps (free $50 iTunes gift card)

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the iPad world. I would say tapatalk is a great app to have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tapatalk - forum use
Feeddler Pro - RSS reader
DataVault - Password use
TuneIn Radio Pro - Radio broadcast worldwide
MyRadar Pro - Weather radar with street level accuracy
Tweetbot - The best Twitter app hands down
Ninjump Deluxe - Very addicting game

Just Me, D
(iPad 2)

Reactions: sectorgirl

dv220s

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I've started to download a few apps. I haven't really been playing any retina-optimized games yet (Fruit Ninja *ahem*) but the screen looks so clear and bright. The speaker sounds great. It does get quite warm from time to time though but I don't mind.

I have definitely gotten a couple Apple apps (iPhoto, Pages), mostly free apps and some not free games (Asphalt 7, Real Racing 2) I'm gonna save up some of those bucks for maybe Infinity Blade 2 seeing it is probably the best game out there right now.

Adam

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
if you like the Elder Scrolls games check out Aralon. The designer worked on Daggerfall so it looks a lot like those games and it's plays almost the same. Deep gameplay in a massive (for mobile) world to explore. Crescent Moon's other RPG Ravensword is similar design-wise, but is more Zelda-like in gameplay. Not as many stats to upgrade. It's got a sequel coming out later this year that the developers are always discussing on Touch Arcade. That's a fantastic forum/blog for iOS games.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
IMO, the best game in the App Store-Infinity Blade II. Pricey, but worth every penny. I think it was game of the year in the app store in '11.

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Try "The pillars of the earth" app. That is basically a story book app, but much advanced than others. In spite of the store, the app provides you video of all what you have read in the last section providing you complete feel of the story.
I have it on my iPad 2 and loves to read it whenever I am free.

sectorgirl

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm totally addicted to Where's my Perry and of late, it's NewtonApples (it gets pretty annoyingly tough). Both are paid apps but NewtonApples is free for now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods