Hi All,

I'm new here as well as to Apple. Just bought an iPhone and looking at apps. It is my first smartphone as well. Anyway, I would like to get a password/data manager and have been doing a little research. It appears that Data vault and msecure are two of the most liked apps that can be customizable as well as able to be used with iPhone and PC (I use a PC for now).

From what I have read, Data vault appears to have poor support. I've read where people have sent multiple emails without a reply. Anyone here have this problem?

I would appreciate it if anyone with experience with these apps to give me the pros and cons they've had with them.

Thanks
    07-23-2012 10:25 PM
    I have used both and I like them both, but DataVault is my go-to password app. mSecure *may* be a tad easier to use, but I prefer DataVault. As for poor support, I beg to differ. Alli will answer almost any question you have in regard to DataVault and she is easy to reach here in the iMore forums. Anyway, you can't go wrong with either app. Take care and have a good night.

By the way, read the information HERE

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-23-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    07-23-2012 10:43 PM
    I second Data Vault. I have been using it for years. From my BB to my Android and now on my iPhone. I have never had any issues with support, they have always returned all of my emails and always help me out. And it works on every platform out there or at least most of them.

iPhone.
    07-24-2012 01:30 AM
    And DataVault's support is stellar, if I do say so myself. We are a bit behind my usual answer frame right now since I'm sick, but my boss has been picking up the slack. If you have any questions, you can always ask me here in the forums, or pm me.

(I don't know anyone who has needed to send a 2nd email for DataVault support, except those bizarre people who send the first email at midnight on Sunday and are annoyed that they haven't received a reply by 3 a.m.)
    cbntmaker likes this.
    07-24-2012 10:17 AM
    And DataVault's support is stellar, if I do say so myself. We are a bit behind my usual answer frame right now since I'm sick, but my boss has been picking up the slack. If you have any questions, you can always ask me here in the forums, or pm me.

(I don't know anyone who has needed to send a 2nd email for DataVault support, except those bizarre people who send the first email at midnight on Sunday and are annoyed that they haven't received a reply by 3 a.m.)
    I hope you feel better soon, Alli. You're a Blessing to both the iMore community and to Ascendo and its DataVault app. Thank you and take care of yourself.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-24-2012 11:11 AM

Thanks for the help. I was thinking the same thing about the midnight email for help too. I'm sure we've all been guilty of that before.LOL

JustMe.D....I see you're in North Carolina....So am I.
    07-24-2012 12:46 PM
    Thanks for the help. I was thinking the same thing about the midnight email for help too. I'm sure we've all been guilty of that before.LOL

JustMe.D....I see you're in North Carolina....So am I.
    Yes, I am in the state of North Carolina, but I haven't been here very long. One thing's for certain, living here is a heckuva lot different than living in Orlando...lol..., but it's starting to grow on me. I dearly miss having everything within reach. For instance, in the Orlando area, there are 3 Apple Stores (The Mall at Millenia, The Florida Mall and the Altamonte Mall). The first one was off of the same street as my residence. Here, I have to travel to either Greensboro or Charlotte. Still, I'm okay living here.

Just Me, D
    (iPad 2)
    07-24-2012 01:54 PM
    I was able to clear out all the support email waiting today for Ascendo - not much, and it still got everyone answered within 36 hours. I felt really good today. Don't let anyone ever tell you that chemo is easy!
    07-24-2012 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD