Why nobody likes Newstand

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath just because Apple is not one to try to satisfy the masses...
That right there proves you are absolutely, without a doubt totally clueless. Apple is all about satisfying the masses at the expense of appeasing the "geeks" every whim.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
That right there proves you are absolutely, without a doubt totally clueless. Apple is all about satisfying the masses at the expense of appeasing the "geeks" every whim.

So, you would say that Apple will make a bigger screen just because people wanted it? I wouldn't. I would say that Apple does what they want when they want.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say that nobody likes Newsstand, but on a 3.5" iPhone screen, yeah, it's pretty pointless. Then again, so is Zinio. The problem isn't the "app" or "app shelf" itself, it's the format. An RSS feed or something like Flipboard, Instapaper, or Readability is something people can and actually do use to get information from an iPhone. I have no interest in trying to zoom in on what is essentially a PDF photo of a magazine on a tiny screen. Then again, there's people who have that same complaint on the iPad, and I actually like the few magazines I have on iPad.

Apple makes products "for the masses", but they absolutely do not "respond to the masses". There's a big difference. Apple makes products that are designed to be easy and consumer friendly. But they absolutely do not have a track record of responding to specific consumer complaints about their products, even widely-held ones (such as lack of expandable storage, can't remove battery, and on and on)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73