Why nobody likes Newstand

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like someone has commitment issues with his multiple personalities. :rolleyes:

I haven't been posting as much since moving to the sgs3 as my daily driver (hey I sell phones, it's good to have the newest, and i still throw my sim into my iphone, I miss that white and steel vixen) but my first thought was "JFC is he STILL at it?!" when I saw the thread.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

I got a new S2 Epic 4G Touch for work... but I upgraded to ICS and HATE IT..give me Gingerbread back..

Still have my 4S as my daily phone though.

Now back to your regularly scheduled antagonistic poster...

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You are a dip****.. I try to ignore your stupid comments, but you're like a bad train wreck.. just...can't...look...away...

If you are so against the iPhone/Apps/Siri/Maps/Newstand/iOS6/and everything else, please do us ALL a favor and GTF out.. leave, go clog the other forums with your idiotic rants... I'm sure there are plenty of other forums who'll take you.

You can't look away because you sense a hint of truth as to what I'm saying. I don't need to say more.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well that's it for this month. I'll be back when some objectionable event happens within iOS,)

You can't look away because you sense a hint of truth as to what I'm saying. I don't need to say more.

I knew it was too good to be true. :rolleyes:

Say more? You've posted enough dribble on this site. Now please do us all a favor and leave, like you said you were going to do before. :cool:

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The forum is not my home, there is no duty to stay or leave or keep to any word that was allegedly previously stated, but in the future-

If you'd like to discuss the topic, I will discuss with you. If you spam up the topic I will report you.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow this all seems way too personal. Is newsstand that controversial? Maybe Newsstand needs to be added to the list of topics that are not discussed in mixed company.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Newstand annoys a lot of people. But it's only certain people who get butt hurt about the truth about it. Like I said though, don't take it out on me, take it out on the millions of people who helped give Newstand it's almost universal disapproval.

The funny thing is those people who are coincidentally are the same people that say they like it, cannot muster up a reason as to why they do.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
only on planet moto is Newsstand an issue. Like Siri.

LOL I see, but then those are two topics everyone has an opinion about. Granted I don't see the point in complaining about Newsstand or Siri - anymore than complaining about iTunes U or the notes app.

motoleo if you hate Newsstand so much why not just hide it like I do. You can also turn Siri off or add functionality through jailbreaking.

I just hate to see a discussion about a feature(s) get so heated. :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Newstand annoys a lot of people. But it's only certain people who get butt hurt about the truth about it. Like I said though, don't take it out on me, take it out on the millions of people who helped give Newstand it's almost universal disapproval.

The funny thing is those people who are coincidentally are the same people that say they like it, cannot muster up a reason as to why they do.

I'm going to ask you for this again. But I know I won't get it simply because you can't provide it. Give us evidence of "the millions who give newsstand disapproval."

I'm not defending newsstand. I just don't care about it. I'm just amazed at how someone can speak for millions of people without providing studies or evidence. It's, you know.....stupid.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You have to ask yourself. What is so bad about an app that causes so many people to go through great lengths to hide it?

Isn't that just profound?

That's a big concession hundreds of thousands of people make in order to make their iPhones seem better. The first thing they do when they get a new iPhone is jailbreak it, just to hide Newstand.

What a phenomenon.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You have to ask yourself. What is so bad about an app that causes so many people to go through great lengths to hide it?

Isn't that just profound?

That's a big concession hundreds of thousands of people make in order to make their iPhones seem better. The first thing they do when they get a new iPhone is jailbreak it, just to hide Newstand.

What a phenomenon.

But that's the point. Sure some are annoyed that it can't be put into a folder (I've read that it can't because it IS a folder, and Apple currently doesn't allow folders within folders, but that's a whole other discussion)...

But beyond that annoyance, I truly doubt that the majority of iOS users even care. They can ignore it, move it to the last page, or whatever.

I'd be interested in seeing actual numbers - doubtful that "thousands" actually jailbreak JUST to hide the Newsstand (and yes, there are TWO 's's in the word)... Of course, we all acknowledge that 83.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot to support the person's perspective.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative