Why nobody likes Newstand

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had trouble with it a few times and I have had to reboot my computer, restart iTunes, reboot my router or a combination of these and I think that a fix could come if the protocol in the iTunes software itself is rewritten or made more efficient

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not as careless as you. It's annoying when it's just sitting there. I don't have a "last page" I keep my iPhone perfectly manicured to only have 2 full pages of apps at a time, laid out on the home screen as I would like, everything has a specific place.

iOS seems to be getting worse, they put the camera on the lock screen permanently. Sigh. It throws off the balance of the lock screen. So I had to downgrade and Jailbreak to restore it to working order. Who would have thought the new iOS would be losing functionality. Stay away from this part of iOS "upgrade" another part of it!

News flash... the last page on your phone is your "last page". Everybody has one.

Now, go get an iPhone, a BlackBerry, a Windows Phone or an Android phone... you're gonna find a couple of apps in the stock OS that you don't use or don't care to even see on your screen. Grown ups learn to deal with it however they need to. Others just whine about it because they have to be whining about something.

I realize that you are simply trolling, but if you are that unhappy about (1) how "cheap" iOS devices are, because even Cricket users can get them, (2) how Apple may or may not own the whole market by 2020, and (3) how iOS sucks with all of it's bloatware that nobody ever uses, perhaps you should return to the simpler days of tin cans and string.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually can't decide if I want to be jailbroken or not. I've been messing with my phone all day. Back and forth back and forth.

You get a new maps ..... but it doesn't have transit

You get a new Siri ...... but it comes with an annoying voice

You get Facetime on Cellular ...... but it costs extra

You get full screen ...... but only in landscape

I'm just torn. I might as well just jailbreak and not have to worry about s#it. But then some apps you don't get..

So...:confused:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I actually can't decide if I want to be jailbroken or not. I've been messing with my phone all day. Back and forth back and forth.

You get a new maps ..... but it doesn't have transit

You get a new Siri ...... but it comes with an annoying voice

You get Facetime on Cellular ...... but it costs extra

You get full screen ...... but only in landscape

I'm just torn. I might as well just jailbreak and not have to worry about s#it. But then some apps you don't get..

So...:confused:

I'm sure you'll be jailbreaking. You defended it with your last dying breath.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4s-f...phone-users-getting-locked-out-app-store.html

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've keep my pages groomed and organized all the time... with things like dashboard x and winterboard themes along with spoofing the stocks and reminders app...

Last edited:

Uri Kelman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think newstand is not for everyone. I don't like the app because I don't read magazines. Since you can't hide newsstand away in a folder, Apple should give the option to hide it. Right now, I just put it on the last home page screen, by it self.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think newstand is not for everyone. I don't like the app because I don't read magazines. Since you can't hide newsstand away in a folder, Apple should give the option to hide it. Right now, I just put it on the last home page screen, by it self.

I feel like it's a lot less useful on iPhone as the majority of the content seems to be geared toward the bigger screen of the iPad. I feel like it should have been an optional download just as iBooks is currently.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think I actually tried to use it once, but then I discovered, hey! I don't read, but Apple making it so that it will not go away actually works against them because now its notoriously hated by everyone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I actually tried to use it once, but then I discovered, hey! I don't read, but Apple making it so that it will not go away actually works against them because now its notoriously hated by everyone.

Who is everyone?

I don't hate it. You don't speak for me. As a matter of fact, you speak for precious few, bless your heart.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Who is everyone?

I don't hate it. You don't speak for me. As a matter of fact, you speak for precious few, bless your heart.

Everyone is majority who rules. Or you make an 'everybody likes Newstand' topic and see what kind of responses you get? lol, just kidding. it's just popular opinion.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2