Why nobody likes Newstand

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
jesus h christ on a popsicle stick, you're still going on about this? do you work? have a family? i am all for anyone having their own opinion and expressing it to a degree but this is something you should be worried about

step away from whatever you're using to post here and take a long walk or read a book or write a book

and lastly talk to someone who actually might give 2 sh?ts --> tcook@apple.com

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't open up a library with only a nonfiction section, same thing. It's not useful to me, and it's not useful to you. we already know that. But what I'm saying is, there's not enough content for it to be useful to many people.

Your analogy failed. (in case you falsely thought it was some brilliant stroke of intelligence)

There's not enough content to make it useful to many people? What possible source of factual information could you derive this drivel from? It has a PLETHORA of content, each of which is useful to someone on its own across the spectrum of iPhone users...combined with all of the content, i would say that just generally speaking (using the logic that multiple streams of content that are already popular in other outlets converted into digital format and being offered in Newsstand), this app is quite useful to a lot of people, and could easily ride the coattails of the success of the iPad version in it's stay of relevancy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
motoleo, the below quote *should* sum it up for you.

"Just because something isn't useful to some people doesn't mean it isn't exceptionally useful to others".

It's along the same lines as "one man's trash is another man's treasure". :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ya'll are too complacent.
With age comes wisdom and with wisdom comes contentment. We learn to not worry about the little things or we find a way to co-exist like placing the Newsstand app on the last homepage of our devices or jail breaking it to remove it altogether.
If it had not been for people like me, we'd probably still be seeing Bookmarks popup on every Safari launch.
You're basically saying that many of us have spent our lives just sitting around and taking what was being dished out and that is far from the truth, my friend. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Newstand is either in or out it can't be just sitting there. I have spoken.
Well, on a stock device, it IS in and it IS just sitting there. Some people have an empty newsstand while other have items in their newsstand. It basically depends on the needs of the owner..:)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is a lot of work to remove it, but for those who hate it it's worth it.
Maybe so, but like youve admitted, the reward is worth it if you want it removed.
My whole phone look better.
All that work paid off, huh? ;)

Be honest. How old are you?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It is a lot of work to remove it, but for those who hate it it's worth it. My whole phone look better.

a lot of work my ass. if anyone has ANY computer smarts at all then they can make a few clicks on their computer screen to jailbreak their device and then load the appropriate software to remove the app. you BETTER donate some cash to the Dev that made it possible for this to happen. that's how it works in the JB community just so you know

Reactions: Sharma15

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
guys, i'm convinced that we really are in the middle of some sick joke created by the Admins

that would make more sense then trying to understand this freak on a stick!

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It'd be nice if we had some moderators around here. But to respond, yes, that is a lot of work. You want me to BOOT up my laptop, LOOK for the proper tool to jailbreak the phone, JAILBREAK the phone, ADD the proper repository to find the app that deletes Newstand, DOWNLOAD the app, and then wait for it to respring just to hide Newstand?

That takes at least 10 minutes, which is waay too long. But if you hate Newstand that much you will do it, which people do.

That's why nobody likes Newstand.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It'd be nice if we had some moderators around here. But to respond, yes, that is a lot of work. You want me to BOOT up my laptop, LOOK for the proper tool to jailbreak the phone, JAILBREAK the phone, ADD the proper repository to find the app that deletes Newstand, DOWNLOAD the app, and then wait for it to respring just to hide Newstand?

That takes at least 10 minutes, which is waay too long.

IF this is a daunting process to you then it might explain a lot of things

as far as any moderation that needs to be done.. i agree, this thread should have been closed a long time ago but that's it!

i am invincible -- THIS... IS... SPAAARRRRTAAA!!!

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Well that's it for this month. I'll be back when some objectionable event happens within iOS, and that's bound to happen soon so, fingers crossed for competence
;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the good thing is ALL trolls eventually end up leaving. some stay longer than others, but nevertheless they leave lol

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
they say there is always a positive to every negative..

let's see here.. because of you i have increased my posts, likes and thanks. so i guess i should thank you lol

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like someone has commitment issues...

Looks like someone has commitment issues with his multiple personalities. :rolleyes:

I haven't been posting as much since moving to the sgs3 as my daily driver (hey I sell phones, it's good to have the newest, and i still throw my sim into my iphone, I miss that white and steel vixen) but my first thought was "JFC is he STILL at it?!" when I saw the thread.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks like someone has commitment issues with his multiple personalities. :rolleyes:

I haven't been posting as much since moving to the sgs3 as my daily driver (hey I sell phones, it's good to have the newest, and i still throw my sim into my iphone, I miss that white and steel vixen) but my first thought was "JFC is he STILL at it?!" when I saw the thread.

:)hey Reenee!! How are you liking the sgs3 so far? I must admit, it does look like a nice device but idt I could ever leave my 4S <3

:rolleyes: and YES he's still at it!!!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
:)hey Reenee!! How are you liking the sgs3 so far? I must admit, it does look like a nice device but idt I could ever leave my 4S <3

:rolleyes: and YES he's still at it!!!

The SGS 3 is a whole new ballgame as far as android goes. I wasn't happy before with android but ICS makes a huge difference. I threw my sim back in my iphone earlier but the screen now is too small for me. Battery is 18 hrs or so which I'm happy with.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The SGS 3 is a whole new ballgame as far as android goes. I wasn't happy before with android but ICS makes a huge difference. I threw my sim back in my iphone earlier but the screen now is too small for me. Battery is 18 hrs or so which I'm happy with.

:)nice, glad to hear your enjoying it reenee! and 18hrs battery time sounds great for an android device. I've read how alot of people complain of the battery not being so good with android devices, sounds like your doing well;).

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
"Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
I get what you're saying. I find it to be a bit of a start up. It's not widely used. But I think Apple should close the doors on that like MobileMe, Ping and hopefully Siri."

You are a dip****.. I try to ignore your stupid comments, but you're like a bad train wreck.. just...can't...look...away...

If you are so against the iPhone/Apps/Siri/Maps/Newstand/iOS6/and everything else, please do us ALL a favor and GTF out.. leave, go clog the other forums with your idiotic rants... I'm sure there are plenty of other forums who'll take you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2