Why nobody likes Newstand

aaimbrogno

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I could see myself using it on my iPad if there were actually magazines available that I'd like to read, but nothing I'm interested in is on there, and I certainly wouldn't use it on my iPhone.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
But I mean what does it, why is it there? Is it in iOS6?

Hold on, let me look because I haven't looked at it in years.

...OK.. So I opened it up and there's like 8 magazines sitting there of which I hold no interest. Each with like 3 or 4 reviews... and then I'm not subscribing to any of those, that's out of the question. Haha this app is too funny! Lol

Let me jailbreak and delete this thing. lol, Time to wrap this topic up. So that's why nobody likes Newstand..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
great! wrap it up. can we have the phone number to your therapist now.. i think it's time to up your meds

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
*Newsstand (FTFY)

It's an app that was always meant for the iPad, and was included on the iPhone...it takes almost no room in storage, some people benefit from it on the iPhone and they can draw in companies to get behind the product because of their ability to use it to get their product to iPhone user's hands.

But i forgot...because you don't like it, the entire iPhone community must feel the same, right? LoL.

I think the word you were looking for was "Uses" and not "Likes", because i doubt even a sliver of iPhone users even care enough about the app to have an emotional attachment like "dislike" towards Newsstand, people simply don't use it...it doesn't carry the same draw that it does on the iPad.

But it's a native Apple app (and nothing like the bloatware you find on Android handsets)...it was free for people who might want to use it to use. It's like buying a car with the web search ability in the navigation...you might never use that feature, it might be the most useless thing in the world for any one particular person, but offering it gives it to someone who wants to use it.

Now start 15 more threads about other apps you don't like from Apple...lol.

Last edited:

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You are so right.... But the problem with Newstand though is that it has no basis for use. It has no ground to stand on. It's not established. It's like someone said, an after thought.

The include it and not give you the opportunity to get rid of it as if it's widely used. I mean you can take any other native app on the iPhone and those are actual functions that the iPhone performs, but Newstand is like the black sheep.

It doesn't belong there.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are so right....

I know.

To correct you, the app has plenty of basis for use, it provides the ability to have the subscriptions available for purchase or download to be isolated in a central location (like the iPod app does for music).

Again, just because YOU don't find a basis for use doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have no basis for use of a mini-van, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I know.

To correct you, the app has plenty of basis for use, it provides the ability to have the subscriptions available for purchase or download to be isolated in a central location (like the iPod app does for music).

Again, just because YOU don't find a basis for use doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have no basis for use of a mini-van, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I get what you're saying. I find it to be a bit of a start up. It's not widely used. But I think Apple should close the doors on that like MobileMe, Ping and hopefully Siri.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I get what you're saying. I find it to be a bit of a start up. It's not widely used. But I think Apple should close the doors on that like MobileMe, Ping and hopefully Siri.

Again, we go back to your delusion that those things have no use...and your very isolated opinion that you feel spans a greater area than it actually does.

The idea that you would include Siri in that is laughable.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
How would i put it? It's an app Apple offers successfully on the iPad that they gave to iPhone users at no additional cost in the idea that someone that loves it on the iPad might want it on their iPhone. Apple likes uniformity, so they obviously try to keep the iOS versions between devices as uniform as possible.

That's how i would put it. Useful to me? Nope. Useful to someone? Yup. Worth having on the iPhone? Why not? Doesn't bother me at all...and the fact i don't use it shouldn't mean someone who would gets denied access to such.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Unpopular apps go in the bin. Just like everything else. You don't use it you lose it.

Search: I like Newstand
Results: How to remove Newsstand from iPhone?: Apple Support Communities

I want to find a Newstand support group. There are none.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You can't open up a library with only a nonfiction section, same thing. It's not useful to me, and it's not useful to you. we already know that. But what I'm saying is, there's not enough content for it to be useful to many people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2