There you have it... And that's why nobody likes Newstand.
    07-19-2012 06:46 AM
    I've keep my pages groomed and organized all the time... with things like dashboard x and winterboard themes along with spoofing the stocks and reminders app...
    Last edited by trickedoutdavid; 07-19-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    07-19-2012 08:15 AM
    I think newstand is not for everyone. I don't like the app because I don't read magazines. Since you can't hide newsstand away in a folder, Apple should give the option to hide it. Right now, I just put it on the last home page screen, by it self.
    07-19-2012 10:12 AM
    I think newstand is not for everyone. I don't like the app because I don't read magazines. Since you can't hide newsstand away in a folder, Apple should give the option to hide it. Right now, I just put it on the last home page screen, by it self.
    I feel like it's a lot less useful on iPhone as the majority of the content seems to be geared toward the bigger screen of the iPad. I feel like it should have been an optional download just as iBooks is currently.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-19-2012 10:52 AM
    I think I actually tried to use it once, but then I discovered, hey! I don't read, but Apple making it so that it will not go away actually works against them because now its notoriously hated by everyone.
    07-19-2012 03:14 PM
    I think I actually tried to use it once, but then I discovered, hey! I don't read, but Apple making it so that it will not go away actually works against them because now its notoriously hated by everyone.
    Who is everyone?

I don't hate it. You don't speak for me. As a matter of fact, you speak for precious few, bless your heart.
    LyndaP likes this.
    07-19-2012 03:20 PM
    Who is everyone?

I don't hate it. You don't speak for me. As a matter of fact, you speak for precious few, bless your heart.
    Everyone is majority who rules. Or you make an 'everybody likes Newstand' topic and see what kind of responses you get? lol, just kidding. it's just popular opinion.
    Last edited by motoleo; 07-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    07-19-2012 03:26 PM
    it's just popular opinion.
    only your reality. Not mine.
    07-19-2012 03:28 PM
    So what do you like about it....
    07-19-2012 03:30 PM
    I rest my case. With that being said, that's why nobody likes Newstand.
    07-19-2012 03:36 PM
    I rest my case. With that being said, that's why nobody likes Newstand.
    Maybe if Apple started charging $2000 for the app, all the "cool kids" would get it. SMH
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    07-19-2012 03:52 PM
    That's one of the BIG reasons I jailbreak, just so I can hide the stock apps and Newsstand!
    07-19-2012 03:55 PM
    you know this place is slow when we are arguing about the newsstand app lol
    07-19-2012 03:58 PM
    I think some people just like to disagree with whatever I say. Is it just me? Newstand really does suck.

What would anybody use it for?
    07-19-2012 04:04 PM
    I could see myself using it on my iPad if there were actually magazines available that I'd like to read, but nothing I'm interested in is on there, and I certainly wouldn't use it on my iPhone.
    07-19-2012 04:09 PM
    But I mean what does it, why is it there? Is it in iOS6?

Hold on, let me look because I haven't looked at it in years.

...OK.. So I opened it up and there's like 8 magazines sitting there of which I hold no interest. Each with like 3 or 4 reviews... and then I'm not subscribing to any of those, that's out of the question. Haha this app is too funny! Lol

Let me jailbreak and delete this thing. lol, Time to wrap this topic up. So that's why nobody likes Newstand..
    07-19-2012 04:16 PM
    great! wrap it up. can we have the phone number to your therapist now.. i think it's time to up your meds
    07-19-2012 04:23 PM
    07-19-2012 04:41 PM
    07-19-2012 04:43 PM
    07-19-2012 04:44 PM
    wtf, i think i'll call you spammie from now on. moto out.
    07-19-2012 05:18 PM
    *Newsstand (FTFY)

It's an app that was always meant for the iPad, and was included on the iPhone...it takes almost no room in storage, some people benefit from it on the iPhone and they can draw in companies to get behind the product because of their ability to use it to get their product to iPhone user's hands.

But i forgot...because you don't like it, the entire iPhone community must feel the same, right? LoL.

I think the word you were looking for was "Uses" and not "Likes", because i doubt even a sliver of iPhone users even care enough about the app to have an emotional attachment like "dislike" towards Newsstand, people simply don't use it...it doesn't carry the same draw that it does on the iPad.

But it's a native Apple app (and nothing like the bloatware you find on Android handsets)...it was free for people who might want to use it to use. It's like buying a car with the web search ability in the navigation...you might never use that feature, it might be the most useless thing in the world for any one particular person, but offering it gives it to someone who wants to use it.

Now start 15 more threads about other apps you don't like from Apple...lol.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 07-19-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    kch50428 likes this.
    07-19-2012 05:38 PM
    You are so right.... But the problem with Newstand though is that it has no basis for use. It has no ground to stand on. It's not established. It's like someone said, an after thought.

The include it and not give you the opportunity to get rid of it as if it's widely used. I mean you can take any other native app on the iPhone and those are actual functions that the iPhone performs, but Newstand is like the black sheep.

It doesn't belong there.
    07-19-2012 06:00 PM
    You are so right....
    I know.

To correct you, the app has plenty of basis for use, it provides the ability to have the subscriptions available for purchase or download to be isolated in a central location (like the iPod app does for music).

Again, just because YOU don't find a basis for use doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have no basis for use of a mini-van, that doesn't mean there isn't one.
    07-19-2012 06:05 PM
    I know.

To correct you, the app has plenty of basis for use, it provides the ability to have the subscriptions available for purchase or download to be isolated in a central location (like the iPod app does for music).

Again, just because YOU don't find a basis for use doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have no basis for use of a mini-van, that doesn't mean there isn't one.
    I get what you're saying. I find it to be a bit of a start up. It's not widely used. But I think Apple should close the doors on that like MobileMe, Ping and hopefully Siri.
    07-19-2012 06:20 PM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD