I always have been curious about Tweetbot; it seems all who use it as their main Twitter client absolutely love it. That said, with the recent news that Twitter essentially is clamping down on third-party apps while pushing its own app, and today's updates to the official app, I wonder how Tweetbot (and others like it) will be impacted. I was considering purchasing the app before the news came down, but now I am hesitant to buy an app that might become obsolete in a short time. For those who use both the Twitter app and Tweetbot, what do you think about everything that has gone down? Does it still make sense to purchase Tweetbot? Or are we looking at the beginning of the end of third-party apps?
    07-10-2012 04:19 PM
    yes yes YES! buy Tweetbot. i doubt it is going anyhwere and IF it does it's only 2.99 or whatever. i have been using Tweetbot for a while now. i just switched to the Official app to see how the enhanced notifications work and i am hating the UI, seriously...

and i'll be god damn if they do not change the dreaded Tri-tone sound... **** that **** i'm going back to Tweetbot
    07-10-2012 04:28 PM
    Tweetbot is really the best option. The new native app has made some huge strides but Tweetbot still has it beat.
    07-10-2012 11:23 PM
    Tweetbot is amazing well worth the money

Sent via tapatalk
    07-10-2012 11:27 PM
    I've been using TweetBot for awhile and I love it. There are so many more options. I've used the official twitter app and TweetBot blows it out of the water. Splurge for the 2.99!! Well worth it.
    07-11-2012 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD