I recently went to Quebec Canada for 4 days (I'm from NY) and once we got to the border we get a text saying stuff about data and charges etc...when we finally got to our hotel and I finally got some type of wi-fi service and looked at my phone...I had like 10 of my apps GONE...my Facebook and some other games were all gone. I was very confused on how this even happened. I didn't bother with the phone while I was there only because I didn't want a bill for $1000 or whatever if I was texting or made a call or whatever the case may have been. Once I got back into NY I did a restore by clicking the home button and the button on top to reset the phone...nothing apps were still gone. I had turned off the data also cuz again I didn't want to get charged for anything. I turned the data back on when I got back into NY and still nothing. It wasn't until I got home and went into my ITunes that I went into my apps and saw that all the ones I was missing did not have a check mark next to it so I basically had to put that check mark in the box and had to re install them. How frustrating is it that you have "GLOBAL" phone and it doesn't even work in Canada without more charges? And why did I lose those apps? I mean seriously they were gone...I had empty spaces where they would normally be. I didn't take my laptop for the reason I had my phone...who needs a laptop when you have a IPhone right...at least that's how I thought...Has anyone else ever experienced this before? And can someone tell me WTH is all this data charge crap about when I have unlimited data in my plan. I thought this was a smart phone but it just seemed to be a stupid phone for me at least. And can anyone tell me how to safely clean my screen without messing something up...
    07-05-2012 12:29 PM
    Sounds like apps got deleted or someone is messing with you .. Just cause your phone can work around the world doesn't mean your carrier has to provide that service for other country's .. This is why people that travel alott have unlocked iPhones so whenever they get the country they want they just buy a local carriers SIM card and use that while they are there

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-05-2012 12:53 PM
    Dang! That's weird and I have no logical explanation for it whatsoever.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-05-2012 01:08 PM
    @ Peligro911 I'm afraid to say that NO ONE touches my phone...so I know that no one deleted anything...I also know this for a fact cuz I was the driver and it was in my site the entire drive. My phone is not jail broken but I'm seriously thinking of it now...it just sucked big time.

@ JustMe'D that's the exact thing my son said who also has an IPhone and he too had no explanation. Another weird thing was it was synced to my truck and on the way home somehow it was not synced anymore. I only realized this when we were running out of music to listen to and I said we'll listen to all the music on my phone and then bam...it was not even synced anymore. I did get it all back and working the way it was before I got into Canada but still...very very weird...
    07-05-2012 04:58 PM
    Is it possible that syncing with your car is somehow the culprit?

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-05-2012 05:54 PM
    @ Peligro911 I'm afraid to say that NO ONE touches my phone...so I know that no one deleted anything...I also know this for a fact cuz I was the driver and it was in my site the entire drive. My phone is not jail broken but I'm seriously thinking of it now...it just sucked big time.

@ JustMe'D that's the exact thing my son said who also has an IPhone and he too had no explanation. Another weird thing was it was synced to my truck and on the way home somehow it was not synced anymore. I only realized this when we were running out of music to listen to and I said we'll listen to all the music on my phone and then bam...it was not even synced anymore. I did get it all back and working the way it was before I got into Canada but still...very very weird...
    No matter where you go even space apps should not delete lol that is strange and one app I would say could have been a mistake but multiple is really off the wall .. Was your phone every connected to anyone else iTunes that could have had wireless syncing turned on ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-06-2012 02:37 AM
    There will be no logical explanation for your issue. How about someone sent a message to wipe out everything in your phone? This function is available in "Find my iPhone".
    07-06-2012 04:51 AM
    This is why people that travel alott have unlocked iPhones so whenever they get the country they want they just buy a local carriers SIM card and use that while they are there
    07-07-2012 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD