Outlook Mail Pro

shermdo

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping to get some general information regarding the application Outlook Mail Pro for either iPad or iPhone. We have a few corporate users of iOS devices who have asked to use thi sapplication to access their corporate e-mails from our Exchange servers.

From what I have already been able to read, I have gathered that this app uses OWA as its means of accessing the Exchange data rather than ActiveSync. Could some possibly confirm this?

Also, I am very interested in learning if this app actually copies the e-mails to the iOS device or does it act more like a pure web app and just few the Exchange data?

I have tried to research this on my own but have not been successful in finding many details. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Regards,

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The native iOS mail app can be set up an account as Exchange, and will function similarly to Outlook.

shermdo

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I agree with your point regarding the native mail app. We have many users accessing Exchange data via ActiveSync. The root of my question is that we have a number of users either using and wanting to use the Outlook Mail Pro app and I wanted to learn more about it. We are especially interested to learn it this app actually copies the e-mail to the iOS device because this would pose a security issue for us unless the iOS device were setup with an Unlock Passcode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox