New to Fliboard

All I can get are the iMore articles.
    How do I get Flipboard to display the forums I subscribe to?
    TIA
    07-04-2012 07:05 PM
    Heck, I didn't know that was option, but still, if you know the rss feed address, it should be as simple as inserting the address in the app. I did a quick google search for the rss feed for the forums but my search was unsuccessful. I'm out and about right now but I'll try again later.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-04-2012 08:48 PM
    Heck, I didn't know that was option, but still, if you know the rss feed address, it should be as simple as inserting the address in the app. I did a quick google search for the rss feed for the forums but my search was unsuccessful. I'm out and about right now but I'll try again later.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    I'm lost on this JMD,
    I'm new to Flipboard and have no idea how to make this happen.
    Just displaying the articles - not my Subcribed forums.
    Please post if you figure this one out.

TIA
    07-05-2012 09:04 PM
    I'm lost on this JMD,
    I'm new to Flipboard and have no idea how to make this happen.
    Just displaying the articles - not my Subcribed forums.
    Please post if you figure this one out.

TIA
    Unless I'm missing something, there are no RSS links to your subscribed forums at iMore and therefore, Flipboard or any other RSS reader will not be useful in this regard. The subscription feature is just a means of easily accessing the forums you frequent most.
    UPDATE: I found the following information at the link below:

Can I use RSS to keep up with new posts?
    If the administrator has enabled RSS syndication, this lets you view newly created threads in guest-viewable forums without visiting the board.

http://forums.imore.com/faq.php?s=&d...l&titlesonly=0

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-05-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    07-05-2012 09:36 PM
    irrelevant post here: it completely pisses me off that you still cannot see subscribed pages from your Facebook account in Flipboard. what a joke and i refuse to use it until then
    07-05-2012 11:13 PM
    Unless I'm missing something, there are no RSS links to your subscribed forums at iMore and therefore, Flipboard or any other RSS reader will not be useful in this regard. The subscription feature is just a means of easily accessing the forums you frequent most.
    UPDATE: I found the following information at the link below:

Can I use RSS to keep up with new posts?
    If the administrator has enabled RSS syndication, this lets you view newly created threads in guest-viewable forums without visiting the board.

http://forums.imore.com/faq.php?s=&d...l&titlesonly=0

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Tks for the info JMD
    Good Luck
    07-06-2012 11:08 PM
    irrelevant post here: it completely pisses me off that you still cannot see subscribed pages from your Facebook account in Flipboard. what a joke and i refuse to use it until then
    BLINK,

In Google Reader, you can set Flipboard to "mark read as you flip".
    But the problem is Flipboard displays all the post / feeds even if they are marked as read.

Or if you mark all as read in the native Google Reader, they still display using Flipboard.

So if you use Flipboard to access Google Reader, you have to Remeber what you've already read. Not easy to do since many duplicate articles appear.

Regardless, Flipboad needs some work.

Good Luck
    07-06-2012 11:21 PM
    BLINK,

In Google Reader, you can set Flipboard to "mark read as you flip".
    But the problem is Flipboard displays all the post / feeds even if they are marked as read.

Or if you mark all as read in the native Google Reader, they still display using Flipboard.

So if you use Flipboard to access Google Reader, you have to Remeber what you've already read. Not easy to do since many duplicate articles appear.

Regardless, Flipboad needs some work.

Good Luck
    are we talking Facebook Subscrptions here? my thoughts are they should appear like normal in my TL. nothing special.

it may "look" nice but that is a continued oversight and i am not the only one mind boggled by this
    07-07-2012 01:52 AM
    are we talking Facebook Subscrptions here? my thoughts are they should appear like normal in my TL. nothing special.

it may "look" nice but that is a continued oversight and i am not the only one mind boggled by this
    Sorry for the confusion BLINK. I was talking specifically about Google Reader.

Good Luck
    07-07-2012 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD