Navigon updated... and on sale for 4th

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Get it while you can at reduced price. Sale thru July 16th...

Among new features.... Google street view... how 'bout that. :D

And no, I don't work for them... just a very satisfied user...

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am very unhappy with Navigon after the recent updates. It always worked great for me until they started doing update after update. Now it doesn't even work as good as it did before. Going by some of the reviews in the app store I see I am not the only one seeing this.... I'm giving Map Quest a try on my way home from work today, as it is a free app. If it works well I'll use that from now on.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am very unhappy with Navigon after the recent updates. It always worked great for me until they started doing update after update. Now it doesn't even work as good as it did before. Going by some of the reviews in the app store I see I am not the only one seeing this.... I'm giving Map Quest a try on my way home from work today, as it is a free app. If it works well I'll use that from now on.

Rose, have you tried the Waze app? If not, you may prefer it over MapQuest. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The majority of bad AppStore bad reviews for Navigon come from people that got PO'ed when FreshMaps was introduced.

For me, Navigon is every bit as useable and an end-user experience to my Nuvi765.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The majority of bad AppStore bad reviews for Navigon come from people that got PO'ed when FreshMaps was introduced.

For me, Navigon is every bit as useable and an end-user experience to my Nuvi765.

I have read a lot of complaints from those reviews that came up about the same time as mine when the updates appeared so I am not writing those off as people who just got pissed off as a result of the maps. I'm glad you're still happy with Navagon, though, and it is still working good for you.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Rose, have you tried the Waze app? If not, you may prefer it over MapQuest. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Yes, I did try this app but didn't care for it so I uninstalled it the same day. I don't think it did voice turn directions did it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did try this app but didn't care for it so I uninstalled it the same day. I don't think it did voice turn directions did it?

Yes. It does provide turn by turn voice navigation. It also calls out the street names. I don't use the social aspects of it with the exception of finding the location of speed traps. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Problem with Navigon routing.

I have the latest Navigon ver 2.1 and when I put in a location as a route, I type the city, street and everything's OK, then I type the street number, 2010 in this case, it inputs 2100? While that number 2100 maybe on that road, it's not what I'm looking for???? What am I doing wrong? Or, has Navigon gone crazy.http://cdn-forums.imore.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got another notification of a Navigon update a few minutes ago, so I'll give it another try tomorrow and see if it is any better. I did use MapQuest on the way home from work today but I did not like it as much as Navagon. It look a long time for it to figure out that I made a turn other than what the directions said, then the app took so long to reroute me that it timed out and had to be restarted. Navagon never had issues like that and was always quick to get me back on track again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW