Best Browser for iPhone: Chrome vs Safari vs Dolphin?

Best iPhone web browser?

• Safari

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Dolphin

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Chrome

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
After Google's recent release of Chrome, the iOS browser marketplaces is starting to really get competitive.

Chrome is nice, but the iPhone version feels a little unpolished. And no option for fullscreen/no auto hide URL search on scroll makes me want to stick with Dolphin.

Out of the 3 (or other browser not included) is the best in your opinion?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am really getting accustomed to fullscreen so i will not even use Chrome just for that reason alone

when i am using 5.1.1, and not jailbroken, i use Dolphin quite a bit

when i am using 6.0 (beta) - Safari, no question. between the fullscreen, and now speed, i have no reason to look elsewhere

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
i am really getting accustomed to fullscreen so i will not even use Chrome just for that reason alone

when i am using 5.1.1, and not jailbroken, i use Dolphin quite a bit

when i am using 6.0 (beta) - Safari, no question. between the fullscreen, and now speed, i have no reason to look elsewhere

Hmm, haven't checked out new Safari or iOS6b either for that matter. A better browser + OS integration would be amazing.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have all 3 on my iPhone and iPad. Chrome hands down for now. I haven't used iOS6 Safari so I can't speak to it. But looking forward to it in Sept/Oct.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I only use Full Screen Safari now. It works well and it is fast enough to meet my browsing needs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Chrome is a great alternative but it doesn't offer the integrated features or extra speed boost that Safari provides. I'll be sticking with Safari and I think most people will, especially as the integration across iCloud goes deeper.

Reactions: JoshB410

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Chrome browser on both my iPhone and iPad and I'm loving it. It's fast, easy to use and works great thus far. I'll spend a few more days with it and then decide if it will become my go-to mobile browser.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I installed the Chrome browser on both my iPhone and iPad and I'm loving it. It's fast, easy to use and works great thus far. I'll spend a few more days with it and then decide if it will become my go-to mobile browser.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Same here but I think I'm convinced. I use it all the time now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Just_Me_D

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
None of the above. I use Perfect Browser and it is PERFECT. Well worth the 99c. Full screen browsing and the ability to enlarge reflow/text and SAVE the settings for that particular website. Safari does not do that. I know Safari has reader, but some sites do not allow reader. Apple will have you believe that the Retina display does not require larger font. That is silly. Older people (I am 46) need larger text. Perfect browser is also faster than Safari.

My phone is JB and I have Perfect Browser as my default browser and I love it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
None of the above. I use Perfect Browser and it is PERFECT. Well worth the 99c. Full screen browsing and the ability to enlarge reflow/text and SAVE the settings for that particular website. Safari does not do that. I know Safari has reader, but some sites do not allow reader. Apple will have you believe that the Retina display does not require larger font. That is silly. Older people (I am 46) need larger text. Perfect browser is also faster than Safari.

My phone is JB and I have Perfect Browser as my default browser and I love it.

I tried Perfect browser and it was anything but perfect for me. It was slow and crashed more than Safari ever has. I don't wear glasses and the Retina display is just fine for me, I don't need to make the font any larger.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome now along with Chromizer tweak. It fits my needs beautifully :).

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Chrome this morning to try it out. Overall I think it's ok, but not as good as Safari for me. The top bar takes up too much space for my liking as I have gotten too used to having Full Screen Safari to go back to a browser that limits the amount of space you have on the screen. Also, it might just be me, but I find that Chrome is a little slower than Safari when it comes to opening web pages and scrolling up and down. Two things that I do like about Chrome is the way tabs are handled and the way a YouTube video is opened within the browser rather than switching me over to the YT app. Also, I like the fact that I can be reading a web page on my iPad and continue right where I left off when I open Chrome up on my iPhone. For me I would give Chrome a 3/5. If they upgrade the browser to include full screen I will give it a higher score. :)

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's why I downloaded Chromizer, full screen browsing :).

I know, doesn't help if you aren't jailbroken!

Scarlet

Reactions: Eileen89

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If Chrome was able to reach its full potential as Safari has, then it would blow safari out of the jungle. Chrome has an amazing feature to show all tabs open in different devices which I love and also syncs with my Google Account and allows me to open any bookmarks that may be on other devices. Safari is stock and therefore works better with default iOS but as a Jailbreaker, you can use full screen Chrome as well (Chromizer in Cydia offers lots of new features to the browser, and Open in Chrome makes are default). Best part, its all free and soo are the tweaks coming out now. Chrome can only get better from here.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's why I downloaded Chromizer, full screen browsing :).

I know, doesn't help if you aren't jailbroken!

Scarlet

Hey, thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it now from Cydia. I got the pull to refresh as it is just like the Fullscreen Safari tweak, but how do I get Chrome to go into full screen mode? I'm not seeing anything under the settings menu. :confused:

Edit: ignore the above. I figured it out. 3 finger tap will get Chrome into full screen mode. :)

Last edited:

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it now from Cydia. I got the pull to refresh as it is just like the Fullscreen Safari tweak, but how do I get Chrome to go into full screen mode? I'm not seeing anything under the settings menu. :confused:

Edit: ignore the above. I figured it out. 3 finger tap will get Chrome into full screen mode. :)

Glad you got it figured out! I watched Jeff's video at IDB ;). I always watch his videos so I know how a tweak works! He's great!

Just one more thing to add to our arsenal... Lol!

Scarlet

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried Perfect browser and it was anything but perfect for me. It was slow and crashed more than Safari ever has. I don't wear glasses and the Retina display is just fine for me, I don't need to make the font any larger.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
I did not have your experience and judging by the ratings in the App store neither did many others.

App Store - Perfect Browser - EXTRAORDINARY Fullscreen Browser

Perhaps you tried an old version and not a new one. I need glasses and I find the inability of Safari to text re-flow very annoying. Anyway, different strokes to different folks :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods