As I'm sure most of you are aware now, Apple released its own standalone Podcast app today:

Apple releases Podcasts, an app to discover, subscribe and listen to podcasts

One of the options touted is the ability to sync between devices, however I cannot for the life of me find any setting allowing it to sync between my iPhone / iPad.

Anyone else figure this out? I've check Settings.app and do not see it as an option nor do I see any options within the app itself to allow sync.
    06-26-2012 03:27 PM
    As I'm sure most of you are aware now, Apple released its own standalone Podcast app today:

Apple releases Podcasts, an app to discover, subscribe and listen to podcasts

One of the options touted is the ability to sync between devices, however I cannot for the life of me find any setting allowing it to sync between my iPhone / iPad.

Anyone else figure this out? I've check Settings.app and do not see it as an option nor do I see any options within the app itself to allow sync.
    I am not seeing anything about syncing between devices... you can sync with the iTunes store/feed on multiple devices... and you can tweet/email/message the links to other people (devices?) but you have to sync each device with iTunes/Apple as far as I can tell.
    06-26-2012 03:57 PM
    I am not seeing anything about syncing between devices... you can sync with the iTunes store/feed on multiple devices... and you can tweet/email/message the links to other people (devices?) but you have to sync each device with iTunes/Apple as far as I can tell.
    I see it in the app description here

Description
    Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature.

Features:

Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
    Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
    Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
    Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
    Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
    Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
    Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
    Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
    Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
    Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
    Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices
    I was assuming that this would be using iCloud to sync between devices. If this isn't the case, then back to Downcast I go...
    06-26-2012 04:11 PM
    I see it in the app description here

I was assuming that this would be using iCloud to sync between devices. If this isn't the case, then back to Downcast I go...
    I missed that last item... perhaps it will come with an update to iOS 5.xx (or iOS 6, eventually)... or will require an update to iCloud...
    06-26-2012 04:22 PM
    I missed that last item... perhaps it will come with an update to iOS 5.xx (or iOS 6, eventually)... or will require an update to iCloud...
    One would think that this would have been a feature in the initial release...
    06-26-2012 04:24 PM
    It just syncs automatically without a setting.

I just tried it with three different podcasts between my iPhone and iPad.

It just isn't syncing subscriptions yet.
    06-26-2012 04:29 PM
    It just syncs automatically without a setting.

I just tried it with three different podcasts between my iPhone and iPad.

It just isn't syncing subscriptions yet.
    That's pretty pointless... I've been looking for this as well. Hope it's fixed soon.
    06-26-2012 06:03 PM
    That's pretty pointless... I've been looking for this as well. Hope it's fixed soon.
    The subscription syncing? It does suck. But I'm pretty sure they'll add it.
    06-26-2012 07:07 PM
    The subscription syncing? It does suck. But I'm pretty sure they'll add it.
    Until this is added, I'm sticking with Downcast.
    06-27-2012 02:11 PM
    This app still seems to have major issues. Does anyone have it working?
    09-29-2012 12:16 AM
    No it's totally broken. I still can't wrap my head around the purpose of this app? It's like everytime they release it to fix something they break about 15 things in the process. I'm not sure if someone's 8 year old kid is writting this app as a "hobby" or what, but I would expect these types of bugs from the old Google Labs on android, not an official Apple Application
    10-04-2012 10:55 PM
    I am still using Downcast as it takes care of my podcast needs. Still seems to me that the Apple Podcast app is not ready for prime-time...
    10-24-2012 06:25 PM
    I am still using Downcast as it takes care of my podcast needs. Still seems to me that the Apple Podcast app is not ready for prime-time...
    +1 in regard to Downcast. It auto updates my podcast at launch on both my iPhone and iPad and it is easy to use. I tried the Apple Podcast app, but didn't like it or its dependence on iTunes.
    10-24-2012 06:30 PM
    Does the Downsync app also sync with iTunes. I would like that all my unplayed podcast are saved on both my iPod and in my iTunes and that the podcast that i played on the iPod or in iTunes are marked as played and are automaticly deleted. Can Downsync do that?
    10-26-2012 03:25 PM
    Does the Downsync app also sync with iTunes. I would like that all my unplayed podcast are saved on both my iPod and in my iTunes and that the podcast that i played on the iPod or in iTunes are marked as played and are automaticly deleted. Can Downsync do that?
    Downcast does not need iTunes for syncing purposes. You can download your podcasts and every time you open the app, it will automatically download updated podcasts, if any are available for your specifics feeds. It displays a badge count, you can sync your podcast via iCloud, you can select to keep all of your podcasts, just the unheard or another option. Furthermore, it's quick, simple and easy to use. Apple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280376.828839.jpgApple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280385.842760.jpgApple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280394.130759.jpgApple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280405.152585.jpgApple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280414.309910.jpgApple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280423.351244.jpgApple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280432.131149.jpgApple Podcasts App Not Syncing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351280440.508673.jpg

Just Me, D
    10-26-2012 03:40 PM
    And does Downcast have the same database as iTunes. So can i find the same podcasts on Downcast as on iTunes?
    Last edited by CherepaninNazar; 10-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    10-26-2012 04:49 PM
    And does Downcast have the same database as iTunes. So can i find the same podcasts on Downcast as on iTunes?
    Now that, I cannot answer. However, you should be able to find almost any podcast you listen to especially being that you can directly input the url for it.

Just Me, D
    10-26-2012 05:26 PM
    Now that, I cannot answer. However, you should be able to find almost any podcast you listen to especially being that you can directly input the url for it.

Just Me, D
    Just downloaded it. All the podcast i was looking for are in there. Works great. Excellent app.
    10-26-2012 06:13 PM
    Just downloaded it. All the podcast i was looking for are in there. Works great. Excellent app.
    Outstanding!.......I'm glad you're enjoying it, my friend. Take care and have a great weekend.

Just Me, D
    10-26-2012 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD