Apple Podcasts App Not Syncing

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
As I'm sure most of you are aware now, Apple released its own standalone Podcast app today:

Apple releases Podcasts, an app to discover, subscribe and listen to podcasts

One of the options touted is the ability to sync between devices, however I cannot for the life of me find any setting allowing it to sync between my iPhone / iPad.

Anyone else figure this out? I've check Settings.app and do not see it as an option nor do I see any options within the app itself to allow sync.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As I'm sure most of you are aware now, Apple released its own standalone Podcast app today:

Apple releases Podcasts, an app to discover, subscribe and listen to podcasts

One of the options touted is the ability to sync between devices, however I cannot for the life of me find any setting allowing it to sync between my iPhone / iPad.

Anyone else figure this out? I've check Settings.app and do not see it as an option nor do I see any options within the app itself to allow sync.

I am not seeing anything about syncing between devices... you can sync with the iTunes store/feed on multiple devices... and you can tweet/email/message the links to other people (devices?) but you have to sync each device with iTunes/Apple as far as I can tell.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I am not seeing anything about syncing between devices... you can sync with the iTunes store/feed on multiple devices... and you can tweet/email/message the links to other people (devices?) but you have to sync each device with iTunes/Apple as far as I can tell.

I see it in the app description [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/podcasts/id525463029?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]here[/URL]

Description
Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature.

Features:

? Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
? Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
? Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
? Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
? Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
? Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
? Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
? Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
? Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
? Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
? Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices

I was assuming that this would be using iCloud to sync between devices. If this isn't the case, then back to Downcast I go...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I see it in the app description [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/podcasts/id525463029?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]here[/URL]

I was assuming that this would be using iCloud to sync between devices. If this isn't the case, then back to Downcast I go...

I missed that last item... perhaps it will come with an update to iOS 5.xx (or iOS 6, eventually)... or will require an update to iCloud...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It just syncs automatically without a setting.

I just tried it with three different podcasts between my iPhone and iPad.

It just isn't syncing subscriptions yet.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It just syncs automatically without a setting.

I just tried it with three different podcasts between my iPhone and iPad.

It just isn't syncing subscriptions yet.

That's pretty pointless... :( I've been looking for this as well. Hope it's fixed soon.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No it's totally broken. I still can't wrap my head around the purpose of this app? It's like everytime they release it to fix something they break about 15 things in the process. I'm not sure if someone's 8 year old kid is writting this app as a "hobby" or what, but I would expect these types of bugs from the old Google Labs on android, not an official Apple Application

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I am still using Downcast as it takes care of my podcast needs. Still seems to me that the Apple Podcast app is not ready for prime-time...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am still using Downcast as it takes care of my podcast needs. Still seems to me that the Apple Podcast app is not ready for prime-time...

+1 in regard to Downcast. It auto updates my podcast at launch on both my iPhone and iPad and it is easy to use. I tried the Apple Podcast app, but didn't like it or its dependence on iTunes.

CherepaninNazar

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Does the Downsync app also sync with iTunes. I would like that all my unplayed podcast are saved on both my iPod and in my iTunes and that the podcast that i played on the iPod or in iTunes are marked as played and are automaticly deleted. Can Downsync do that?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does the Downsync app also sync with iTunes. I would like that all my unplayed podcast are saved on both my iPod and in my iTunes and that the podcast that i played on the iPod or in iTunes are marked as played and are automaticly deleted. Can Downsync do that?

Downcast does not need iTunes for syncing purposes. You can download your podcasts and every time you open the app, it will automatically download updated podcasts, if any are available for your specifics feeds. It displays a badge count, you can sync your podcast via iCloud, you can select to keep all of your podcasts, just the unheard or another option. Furthermore, it's quick, simple and easy to use. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280376.828839.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280385.842760.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280394.130759.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280405.152585.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280414.309910.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280423.351244.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280432.131149.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351280440.508673.jpg

Just Me, D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
And does Downcast have the same database as iTunes. So can i find the same podcasts on Downcast as on iTunes?

Now that, I cannot answer. However, you should be able to find almost any podcast you listen to especially being that you can directly input the url for it.

Just Me, D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro