Twitter App Display Issue

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm apparently missing something here. How is it suppose to be displayed? It's been a while since I've last used the official Twitter app so I apologize for not seeing or remembering what the user interface should look like. Tweetbot is my go-to Twitter app. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
there should be 4 icons across the bottom, not 3 stretched out icons.

Oh, okay. ;). If the restart/reboot that Keith suggested doesn't work then uninstall and reinstall the app.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Restart the device and see if issue persists.

If I just close the app using the "app manager", next time i open it, it is fine, but the issue is... is that it is constantly happening. I was not sure if there is an actual resolution for this. Like the FB issue with no notifications.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If I just close the app using the "app manager", next time i open it, it is fine, but the issue is... is that it is constantly happening. I was not sure if there is an actual resolution for this. Like the FB issue with no notifications.

I've never had this happen with the Twitter app... the suggestion above is the next step - delete & reinstall the app.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, even wiped phone (for other reasons) but always comes back. I am running the latest OS.

Are you jailbroken and using some sort of tweak? Do you have any accessibility features enabled that might be causing an issue? I'm going to download and install the Twitter app and see if it'll do the same on my device. Like Keith mentioned earlier, I don't recall that ever happening to me when I was using the official Twitter app.

UPDATE: When I went to download the app, I read the latest user reviews and they are horrible and consistent with complaints of memory related issues, frequent crashing, won't load & the like so therefore, until there is some sort of update to address those issues and yours, may I suggest you use another Twitter client like Tweetbot? ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Justme'd: thanks for th investigation with the reviews. I have never tried another client and I am running stock OS. I will give tweetbot a shot

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Justme'd: thanks for th investigation with the reviews. I have never tried another client and I am running stock OS. I will give tweetbot a shot

You're very welcome. It will be hard for me to believe that you'll regret giving Tweetbot a try once you've become acquainted with it. ;) Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. :)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro