PM Apps

manutd7

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with the plethora of Project Management apps?

In particular, does anyone have experience with SG Project and iScope? Limitations? Usability? Import/Export options (PDF, MS Project, XML), etc

I'm moving into a new role later this month and it may be beneficial to me to use one of these.

Thank you in advance.

manutd7

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was asking for people's experiences and preferences. I can easily find the "Top Project Management Apps" via search. I want to hear about real world experience and preference. Much like the Note Taking App thread.

Thanks

manutd7

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Some quick hit updates:

iScope
Very neat app that is visually attractive and does have some project management merit. However this is not for the enterprise user. This is best usited for a small to medium size company that does not have a project management standard in place. Has Dropbox integration. I may use this for personal or home projects as it is a very organic approach to project management. It is just limited in scaling it to larger, more task centric projects.

Planning Pro
Just got this a week ago. If you use MS Project (I know it is a pain) this is a great app. You can view, edit, and even create Project type task lists and Gnatt charts within the app. It allows for Dropbox syncing and, if your work allows, dedicated project server syncing. I'm still playing around with this and hope to have a better review in a few months.

ETA: Moderators, please feel free to change "PM" to "Project Management" in the thread title to add clarity. Thank you

Last edited:

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey manutd7
I have been using Omniplan application on my iPad 2 for managing my projects while on the move. It lets me easily visualize, maintain and simplify my projects as per my requirement.

Reactions: manutd7

manutd7

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey manutd7
I have been using Omniplan application on my iPad 2 for managing my projects while on the move. It lets me easily visualize, maintain and simplify my projects as per my requirement.

SG Project not a bad solution if you need something lightweight.

Thank you both for your input. I'm sure both of these would be very good apps. I just hesitant to spend $50 on an app. $20 is about my limit

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner