Iphone contacts and Facebook

grkmnl

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Before I start this post, I'd like to mention that I am not iphone/tech savy. I love my iphone but I am sure I'm not using it at its full capacity :)

I have an iP4 with latest software and the latest FB software.

Today I realized that there are TONS of contacts in my phonebook that I never added myself. Upon clicking on them, I realized almost all of them were FB connected contacts with their info on FB.

I checked my FB app and sync is not turned on for contacts. How could this have happened?

Thanks,

Gk.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Where did you import your iPhone contacts from. If it was from another smartphone, did you use Android (HTC) to sync your contacts with Facebook in the past?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It possible that in setting up the Facebook app for the first time, or in tweaking settings you allowed the Facebook app to sync to your contacts.

b.mara

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. More than half of my contact list was filled with people with which i am connected on Facebook and I did not add to my contact book on my iphone. I suspect this happened after i installed the facebook app but might be due to something else. Is there a way to select all contacts from my contact list which i did not create and delete them or have to do this one by one?

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. More than half of my contact list was filled with people with which i am connected on Facebook and I did not add to my contact book on my iphone. I suspect this happened after i installed the facebook app but might be due to something else. Is there a way to select all contacts from my contact list which i did not create and delete them or have to do this one by one?

Do you use SmartSync on your iPhone? This is the only way I can think of the data from your FB got transferred. Have you used HTC to sync your "People/Contacts" with FB, Gmail, etc? At least one HTC iphone - the WildFire would bring in FB data (including pics) and add information to the comments section of your phone contacts based on your FB friends.

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
When you update to iOS 6, the Facebook integration takes all of your Facebook friends and turns them into contacts, merging some with the similar ones. This is easily solved by clicking the 'Groups' button on the top left and unchecking 'Facebook'.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When you update to iOS 6, the Facebook integration takes all of your Facebook friends and turns them into contacts, merging some with the similar ones. This is easily solved by clicking the 'Groups' button on the top left and unchecking 'Facebook'.

I agree. If you are on iOS 6, simply use Facebook native integration with your iPhone. If you are on iOS 5 or below, I would use something like sync.me.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I really like the integration with facebook especially how it pulls in contact information even if I haven't friended someone. My question is why after a few days do i have to re update my contacts because some of them are no longer connected to facebook? Is there a way to lock them in so they don't become unconnected? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the integration with facebook especially how it pulls in contact information even if I haven't friended someone. My question is why after a few days do i have to re update my contacts because some of them are no longer connected to facebook? Is there a way to lock them in so they don't become unconnected? Thanks.