Can you suggest a Good MS-Office Like APP ?

vish30

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking out for a powerful office APP which predominanly supports excellent use and editing of MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL and in general all Microsoft Office Applications. I have done my own bit research on it and have come to these two APPS that I think suits me the best But I am now totally confused on which one do I choose between these. Both of them have equal amount of fan following and both of them have equal amount of positive and negative reviews and it is becoming difficult for me to find out which one should I go for.The one's that I have selected are

1. Quick Office PRO HD
2. Documents to go

The Plus and Minuses that I have read about both these Apps are Documents to go has a solid funtionality, support for MS-Word so anyone wanting to work on MS-Word I think Documents to go looks promising. Quick Pro HD in totality is a good APP with very intutive interface.

Now a little on my need and requirement. I am gonna be extensively working on MS-Word and MS-Excel. So I am looking out for a APP which has the most comprehensive support and functionalty covered with the respect to those. I am looking out for a APP which has a very powerful Word Editing ability like maximum number of Fonts included like "Calibri" I can add bullet points and stuff. People have made me to believe that Quick Office is the best in terms of User Experience general UI and stuff. So overall Quick Office is something that one should go for. But I am also made to believe Documents to go has a very good word editing software. What do I do ? I think I want to go for Quick Office but I am just worried will it have the same Editing abilities like documents to go !

Many Thanks all of you.

kiwiruss

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The best is Quick Office. It's not cheap, but supports the office formats and also all the only storage places like google docs and Dropbox and Evernote.

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But there are some who believe that Documents to go in terms of functionality, utility is far better in D2GO but in terms of an user experience and ease of use like an true iPad experience it is Quick Office Hd Pro ? I haven't used any of those don't know which one to go for. But just quoting some people who have told me so...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have both, and go back and forth depending on my needs, but if I had to stick with one it would be Quick Office Hd Pro.

iSpi7Fire

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I can only recommend Smart Office 2. It's pretty slick and the only drawback is that it doesn't do Retina display on the new iPad yet.

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, Let me put it differently. I am mostly gonna be importing .doc and .xls from my computer. So I would prefer that the format of my files especially with .doc if bullets and stuff is used remains as it is and intact when opened in the iPad. So in that sense out of Document2Go and Quick Office PRO HD whcih one keeps the format as it is ?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I can only recommend Smart Office 2. It's pretty slick and the only drawback is that it doesn't do Retina display on the new iPad yet.

Most of the reviews of this app on iTunes have been negative. (I'm not agreeing with them - just making an observation.) I'm going to give this a shot as well since it's free this weekend. The Picsel website, however, doesn't seem to be working at all (one of the complaints in the reviews is support). iSpi7Fire, have you found the app to work pretty well so far? How long have you been using it?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
And your one single reason for that would be ?

Sorry, still in Oahu and not online a lot for obvious reasons. I find that the App is more "Office Like" and I feel like I am using Office and not something that wants to be office like Open Office.

iSpi7Fire

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Most of the reviews of this app on iTunes have been negative. (I'm not agreeing with them - just making an observation.) I'm going to give this a shot as well since it's free this weekend. The Picsel website, however, doesn't seem to be working at all (one of the complaints in the reviews is support). iSpi7Fire, have you found the app to work pretty well so far? How long have you been using it?

It's been over two weeks. It has an interesting workflow idea. You'll have to check the get started guide. It also supports presentation mode out of the box. As far as I can tell, word editing is fast and easy. You get pretty much the tools you'll need to do your work. The app is fast at opening docs, supports printing OTA and email/dropxbox/gdocs integration. The only drawback for it now is that it doesn't do Retina. :)
I also noticed some weird memory full warnings when opening PDFs, big ones indeed, but that has not affected my workflow, since they worked pretty well in the end.

Everything is positive on my end.

nirvana#AC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, still in Oahu and not online a lot for obvious reasons. I find that the App is more "Office Like" and I feel like I am using Office and not something that wants to be office like Open Office.

You mean Quick Office right ? Does it also keeps the format of your file intact if you import it from your Desktop ? Like the Bullets and Paragraphs etc...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You mean Quick Office right ? Does it also keeps the format of your file intact if you import it from your Desktop ? Like the Bullets and Paragraphs etc...

Yes, I did mean Quick Office HD, sorry for not saying that in the post. My wifi in Oahu was really slow... so very very slow, so I was seldom online.

Yes, the bullets and layout feels more like I am working in Office than in docstogo.

As for the other Poster re: Everyone, yes Evernote is fine, but not to edit and manage .XLSX and .DOCX files.

vish30

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I was doing my bit of homework and reading all this while, and what I have been made to understand is QUICKOFFICE has a great UI it is very intutive and easy, It is just perfect and optimised to be used on a iPad. But if you want more features DOCS2GO is the best option but it does not have a UI as good as the QO. Quickoffice lacks in High end features, may have only basic features but has a great UI.

Correct me if I am wrong ! :)

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just as a follow-up, today I tried creating a simple slideshow using Smart Office 2. Let me tell you: what a headache. The default file gives you ten slides, each with the exact same "format" (for lack of a better word). After some time experimenting with it, I gave up in frustration. Smart Office 2 might be (have been) free, but in my opinion, it's not worth the hassle. I have Pages and might purchase Keynote as well.

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have used both extensively. Quick Office has a better interface, but if you want maximum file compatibility, Docs2Go is the best. Quick Office consistently gave me issues with compatibility, often destroying formatting, etc. Docs2Go seems to preserve the original file better. I read a few reviews that state this also.

vish30

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have used both extensively. Quick Office has a better interface, but if you want maximum file compatibility, Docs2Go is the best. Quick Office consistently gave me issues with compatibility, often destroying formatting, etc. Docs2Go seems to preserve the original file better. I read a few reviews that state this also.

Have you also used DOCS2GO what has been your personal experience with DOCS2GO with regards to Original File format being intact when imported from your PC. With Microsoft coming out with its own Office APP for the iPad this November. I guess all these APP will have a run for their money then :p

mikos

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For presentation, I would recommend Keynote and SlideShark. Keynote renders most ppts well with only a little fidelity loss. It's the best slide program for creating sides as well. SlideShark is great for giving presentations, but that's it.

For word docs, most programs have issues. I have used Quickoffice but it is a nightmare when editing and creating word docs. There is so many issues with file conversion and rendering that it's not worth it for serious doc editing.

I'm happy with keynote but I can't wait to get a real ms word on the iPad.

spatra

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend a free cloud based office suite - AstralPad. But you will need a strong internet connection to work on this app.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the first to app packages are the best but costly. Quick Office and Documents 2 Go are very good though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods