What's the best weather app?

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Living in Tornado Alley here. I have been using Imap weather radio. Alerts arent just limited to tornado/ thunderstorm.. other alerts are included also.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks.

I use TWC text alerts for warnings etc... But recently some aps I have been using are delayed a bit. I want something real time pushed to my device.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My current favorites are (in no particular order)

AccuWeather
HD 4Cast
The Weather Channel Max
Solar
Weather 2x
WeatherHD 2

As others have indicated, none are perfect, but all have interesting implementations of various weather features...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks.

I use TWC text alerts for warnings etc... But recently some aps I have been using are delayed a bit. I want something real time pushed to my device.

I noticed your on Verizon. In iOS 6 under notifications there is now emergency alerts. The other day there was some possible flooding and my phone sounded an alarm that would wake anyone. Plus it went off the same time the alert did on the tv.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have three folders of weather apps as well as three apps on the home screen!

I think I have settled on Fahrenheit as my favorite forecasting app. It has a badge for the current temp. Very simple to add other cities and page through them. Easy to scroll down for the two week forecast. Expands for more info if you wish.

I also like Umbrella to automatically tell me if I need to take an umbrella or not at 5AM. It very, very rarely does not tell me to, when I need to, and infrequently tells me to take one when I do not. I live in FL- it rains a lot.

For radar, as an overview, and being able to zoom in and out to see the whole region, I like RadarUS. Those are the three apps on my home screen.

If I want the latest, most up-to-date radar info, then Radar Pro is the one I turn to. If I want to know if I am in danger from severe weather- it's Radar Pro.

Lightning Finder is pretty cool- but you have to pay a yearly subscription. Still- I miss it enough when my subscription expires that I do so.

Sat Weather is pretty.

Hurricane is a must-have here.

I sort of like US Radar for traveling.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If I'm not asking Siri for the weather, I use TWC app. i Just downloaded the weather underground app and it looks good.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
What's the best weather application for iPhone 5, I'm with Sprint also I am using the default weather from Siri, I want something that can tell me when the storms are coming and whatnot.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
After rec'ing a tip from seashell (thx girlie!) I've also dwld & purchased the paid version of WeatherOn!! Out of all the weather apps I have, I really like the features of this one, especially first thing in the morn having a pushed notification of what the weather is going to be for that day:D

Jiggy_80

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My favourite weather app WeatherPro is currently availabe for only 99c.
Reliable forecasts, Radar, Satellite, nice share functions - I can only recommend to test this app. Especially today :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73