Thank you for the extra help.

We spend a fortune on tree service here in Alabackwards. After Katrina, they made a killing, and I know the tornadoes in the northern part of the state have kept y'all in business. No offense, but I hope to not need you again.

Yeah, bummer. Oh well, I tried.

The reason I like this app is that it is very localized. It uses locational services and only goes off if you are actually in a warning box. So you don't have to hear it go off every time there is a NWS warning for areas in other parts of your state. I live in Oklahoma and believe me, we have plenty of warnings as well. It gets old when the weather radio wakes you up in the middle of the night for something that is nowhere near your area. Could just save your life someday though.

BTW, I see you are from Alabama. I own a tree service and spent last Summer in the Birmingham area. I have family there and they asked me to come remove the storm damaged trees at their homes as there was a big waiting list with local services after last year's tornadoes. I spent 6 months there removing hazardous, storm damaged trees. A lot of trees on houses there last year.
    04-23-2012 01:57 PM
    10-08-2012 09:16 AM
    looks cool thanks- I have been using skymotion lately- it gives you a 2 hour window and tells you when its going rain, snow etc- amazingly accurate- great for finding the window to take the dogs out without getting soaked...
    10-08-2012 09:47 AM
    I use WeatherPro, have given me the most accurate result.
    10-09-2012 12:32 AM
    I use TWC and Swackett for fun
    10-09-2012 02:09 PM
    SkyTrack?
    10-09-2012 02:31 PM
    10-09-2012 03:34 PM
    10-09-2012 04:28 PM
    Weather Underground
    Uses neighborhood weather stations for current conditions
    Good Luck
    10-09-2012 06:32 PM
    Well no one is the best, as some have better features then others.

WeatherUnderground
    Weather 2x
    Hi-Def Radar
    Radar Scope
    Solar
    TWC Max
    Weather live

Those I use all the time.
    10-09-2012 06:38 PM
    Living in Tornado Alley here. I have been using Imap weather radio. Alerts arent just limited to tornado/ thunderstorm.. other alerts are included also.
    10-09-2012 07:39 PM
    Now does imap notify with a weather alert sound.? Would be good for late night storms...
    10-09-2012 07:42 PM
    Yes it does give an alert.They make another app same style its called Storm Shield.Its the same app but with local content shared with Media Partners http://imapweatherradio.com
    10-09-2012 07:44 PM
    Okay thanks.

I use TWC text alerts for warnings etc... But recently some aps I have been using are delayed a bit. I want something real time pushed to my device.
    10-09-2012 07:54 PM
    My current favorites are (in no particular order)

AccuWeather
    HD 4Cast
    The Weather Channel Max
    Solar
    Weather 2x
    WeatherHD 2

As others have indicated, none are perfect, but all have interesting implementations of various weather features...
    10-09-2012 07:55 PM
    Mine are:

The default weather app
    Fahrenheit
    HD 4Cast2
    MyRadar Pro
    10-09-2012 08:03 PM
    Okay thanks.

I use TWC text alerts for warnings etc... But recently some aps I have been using are delayed a bit. I want something real time pushed to my device.
    I noticed your on Verizon. In iOS 6 under notifications there is now emergency alerts. The other day there was some possible flooding and my phone sounded an alarm that would wake anyone. Plus it went off the same time the alert did on the tv.
    10-09-2012 09:11 PM
    TWC and Fahrenheit
    10-09-2012 09:15 PM
    I have three folders of weather apps as well as three apps on the home screen!

I think I have settled on Fahrenheit as my favorite forecasting app. It has a badge for the current temp. Very simple to add other cities and page through them. Easy to scroll down for the two week forecast. Expands for more info if you wish.

I also like Umbrella to automatically tell me if I need to take an umbrella or not at 5AM. It very, very rarely does not tell me to, when I need to, and infrequently tells me to take one when I do not. I live in FL- it rains a lot.

For radar, as an overview, and being able to zoom in and out to see the whole region, I like RadarUS. Those are the three apps on my home screen.

If I want the latest, most up-to-date radar info, then Radar Pro is the one I turn to. If I want to know if I am in danger from severe weather- it's Radar Pro.

Lightning Finder is pretty cool- but you have to pay a yearly subscription. Still- I miss it enough when my subscription expires that I do so.

Sat Weather is pretty.

Hurricane is a must-have here.

I sort of like US Radar for traveling.
    10-10-2012 07:52 AM
    Thanks for this tip! I am REALLY liking this one!!!
    So far out of the tons of weather apps I have, it's the best one. I love this one.
    10-10-2012 09:04 AM
    Swackett for fun.

Weather Underground.

Sun (web app) for the minimal.

Stock Weather app to show the temp as a badge
    10-10-2012 12:21 PM
    So far out of the tons of weather apps I have, it's the best one. I love this one.
    Couldn't agree more!! I went ahead with the paid version even
    10-10-2012 01:52 PM
    If I'm not asking Siri for the weather, I use TWC app. i Just downloaded the weather underground app and it looks good.
    10-11-2012 11:23 PM
    What's the best weather application for iPhone 5, I'm with Sprint also I am using the default weather from Siri, I want something that can tell me when the storms are coming and whatnot.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk
    10-12-2012 12:19 AM
    After rec'ing a tip from seashell (thx girlie!) I've also dwld & purchased the paid version of WeatherOn!! Out of all the weather apps I have, I really like the features of this one, especially first thing in the morn having a pushed notification of what the weather is going to be for that day
    seashell93 likes this.
    10-12-2012 07:51 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD