I cannot find intellicast in the App Store. Ar you JB?
    If you're searching for it via the App Store from your iPhone, it won't show up, but if you use your iPad, you will find it. ... Intellicast HD

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 04-18-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    04-18-2012 10:38 AM
    If you're searching for it via the App Store from your iPhone, it won't show up, but if you use your iPad, you will find it. ... Intellicast HD

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Yep that app is ipad only.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2012 02:26 PM
    Weatherbug and The Weather Channel Max.
    04-18-2012 10:37 PM
    I would suggest you try Intellicast. It is free and has almost every feature you would want in a weather app.
    04-18-2012 10:42 PM
    I also use Weather Underground at http://i.wund.com/ . It's not an iPhone app, it's a web app so just bookmark it to you home screen. It really has the most accurate forecasts.
    In addition in use Fizz Wether for the forecast graphs. The total rainfall graph one is the best for giving hour by hour rainfall predictions and it's pretty darn accurate.
    I use radarscope for local radar and the "full screen wundermap" under 'radar' at i.wund.com for national radar composites.
    I'm using 'wx alert USA' for severe weather notifications.

I used to use AccuWeather because it had the most accurate forecasts and often the only right forecast other than Weather Underground. But they totally redesigned the app (interface) and I've always hated it. I finally gave up and deleted it.

EDIT: I wasn't aware that weather underground had finally released a native iPhone app. It looks like it has all of the goodness of the web version so kudos to that.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04-19-2012 at 05:38 AM.
    04-19-2012 02:49 AM
    eWeather HD for me. I used Farenheit for a while but it doesn't have a lot of information - specifically good radar. eWeather HD has great radar, good forecasts, and I've found it to be accurate. I've tried a bunch - including Farenheit, WeatherBug (the paid version), the Weather Channel app, and Wunderground - and I've settled on and been happy with eWeather HD.
    04-19-2012 07:54 AM
    I agree with quite a few other members here in regards to Fahrenheit - its been pretty accurate for me since i've dwld it when i first got my iphone in Nov. I did also dwld and try eWeatherHD but did not care for it - it seemed "too busy" for me.

I also use TWC & the native iphone weather app. If you arent worried about having a badge icon that updates temp on an hourly basis like Fahrenheit does, then my next suggestion would be TWC, as this also has a tab called 'season' for those of you that like to know how the pollen is in your area - i view that daily !!
    04-19-2012 08:47 AM
    I would suggest you try Intellicast. It is free and has almost every feature you would want in a weather app.
    I have and I agree.. It is comparable to WeatherBug.
    04-19-2012 08:54 AM
    I personally use both Weatherbug elite and WeatherTap Zoom on both my ipad and my iphone. I like the interface that wqeather bug provides and the easy to read radar. but there are time where I want to know more about the storm, especially if it's severe so I lok at weathertap. This is a radar app that allows you to look at a storm from the various NWS Radar sites around your area. I can see how the storm is formed and get Directions, Speed, hail probablility, windspeeds from taping a square. It's great.
    04-19-2012 09:03 AM
    I've been using "Weather Live" and like it a lot. Not sure if everyone else would,
    but it's the best that I've found.
    04-19-2012 09:49 AM
    Actually if not leaving home area it is Oregon, don't really need an app to assume it will be dingy and raining. Maybe a couple months in summer... rest of the year rain.
    04-19-2012 10:38 AM
    Actually if not leaving home area it is Oregon, don't really need an app to assume it will be dingy and raining. Maybe a couple months in summer... rest of the year rain.
    In Iowa we always say "Don't like the weather? Give it an hour or so... It will be better. Or maybe worse."
    04-19-2012 10:51 AM
    For forecasts, I have found weather.com to be the most accurate here in Colorado. Way better than the local weather people.
    04-19-2012 11:08 AM
    FYI - eWeather HD gets its forecasts from Intellicast in the US and is a universal app, so it's beautiful on the iPad as well. It is a lot of information, but I like having that much info at my fingertips! It's not free, but well worth the cost IMHO.
    04-19-2012 12:13 PM
    Living in the tail end of Tornado Alley ( Indiana) I use imap weather radio.. basically it gives all serve weather alerts based on your actual location.Ones that are given in the summer and winter also. its location based.Using the phone gps to alert the phone if weather is in your area.And it isn't a heavy drain on the battery using the GPS.It also alerts thru your phone that an alert is active( just like an actual weather radio)The cost is 9.99 but well worth it
    04-19-2012 02:19 PM
    For me - the notification widget.
    04-19-2012 05:20 PM
    If you like radar data you need RadarScope App Store - RadarScope

Hands down BEST radar app ever
    04-19-2012 05:51 PM
    I use eWeather HD love it
    04-19-2012 09:21 PM
    I wanted to get one app that had current weather, a forecast, and live radar that shows the type of precipitation (snow, freezing rain, rain, etc). I tried a lot and finally settled on Weatherbug Elite.
    04-20-2012 09:57 AM
    Living in the tail end of Tornado Alley ( Indiana) I use imap weather radio.. basically it gives all serve weather alerts based on your actual location.Ones that are given in the summer and winter also. its location based.Using the phone gps to alert the phone if weather is in your area.And it isn't a heavy drain on the battery using the GPS.It also alerts thru your phone that an alert is active( just like an actual weather radio)The cost is 9.99 but well worth it
    I live in area where severe storms, are big and give lots of warning. If I lived in area where severe storms were small and sudden, I would use Twitter. Now that I think about, I can't think of another good use for twitter.
    04-20-2012 05:48 PM
    I don't know if this is still working but my local news station was offering the iMap weather radio app for iPhone for free yesterday. It does work on the iPad but you will have to send the text and manually enter the link replied into Safari then manually enter the code and redeem the free app in iTunes

Copied from the news channel's FB page:

You can now get the News On 6 iPhone Weather Radio App for FREE by texting TRAVIS to 79640. Its usually $9.99, but were making it available for free!

Text TRAVIS to 79640. When you get the text, scroll to the very bottom of that page and you'll see a "capcha," where you have to enter the words you see on the screen.
    Last edited by dino195; 04-21-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    04-21-2012 12:24 AM
    I don't know if this is still working but my local news station was offering the iMap weather radio app for iPhone for free yesterday. It does work on the iPad but you will have to send the text and manually enter the link replied into Safari then manually enter the code and redeem the free app in iTunes

Copied from the news channel's FB page:

You can now get the News On 6 iPhone Weather Radio App for FREE by texting TRAVIS to 79640. Its usually $9.99, but were making it available for free!

Text TRAVIS to 79640. When you get the text, scroll to the very bottom of that page and you'll see a "capcha," where you have to enter the words you see on the screen.
    It appears this has expired. Not even a reply to the text today. Bummer, that could have been nice. I quit using my weather radio because it goes off so often around here.
    04-21-2012 10:37 AM
    Yeah, bummer. Oh well, I tried.

The reason I like this app is that it is very localized. It uses locational services and only goes off if you are actually in a warning box. So you don't have to hear it go off every time there is a NWS warning for areas in other parts of your state. I live in Oklahoma and believe me, we have plenty of warnings as well. It gets old when the weather radio wakes you up in the middle of the night for something that is nowhere near your area. Could just save your life someday though.

BTW, I see you are from Alabama. I own a tree service and spent last Summer in the Birmingham area. I have family there and they asked me to come remove the storm damaged trees at their homes as there was a big waiting list with local services after last year's tornadoes. I spent 6 months there removing hazardous, storm damaged trees. A lot of trees on houses there last year.
    04-22-2012 09:30 PM
    I use:

native weather app
    TWC
    Weatherbug

The one thing that I have is that no matter how I tweek these (input your zip code of the funky Yahoo Weather location code, the temps between the native, TWC and Weatherbug are most often off my a degree or two.. which bugs the crap out of me.. even though the zip code has been entered the same or the zip code was searched in YahooWeather to get the zip-code equivalent code (USCA0937)- which some weather apps need, the weather temp isn't always correct.

Also, for those using native weather or weatherbug, you can download a JB'd app called WeatherIcon that will let you post your temp on your home screen weather icon.
    04-23-2012 10:17 AM
    ...the temps between the native, TWC and Weatherbug are most often off my a degree or two.. which bugs the crap out of me..
    Each app uses data collected from likely different "on the ground sources" at different time intervals. It is what it is - and not worth getting bugged about, because it can't be "fixed"... cuz it's not really broke.
    04-23-2012 10:35 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD