Favorite free apps for iPhone?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks from the newb switching from BB to the 5! Finally I have apps! Thankfully Evernote was on BB but it seems to work much better on ios.
FB
Instagram
Mvelopes
PCO
Cozi
YouVersion
Flashlight
WRAL Weather
Pinterest
Chrome

zunex

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Probably Evernote & Pulse. I'm a heavy user of these two.

Otherwise there are so much solid free apps like PDF Max, Instagram, Facebook, Paper, Pulse

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I was looking for this app, could you point me to it?

I found the app I was looking for (I wanted to be able to sync not only two iPhones but two iphones and an Android device). This is a fantastic app, I highly recommend it, and it's free: [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id407108860?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Cozi Family Organizer: Shared Calendar, Shopping Lists, To Do Lists[/URL]

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Favorite "FREE" apps? Hmmm

1. The iMore Forums app
2. Chrome
3. Evernote
4. Dropbox
5. ESPN ScoreCenter
6. Bleacher Report Team Stream
7. Kindle Reader
8. Waze
9. TuneIn Radio
10. Keyring app

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
my fave freebies are:

1) TuneIn Radio
2) Evernote
3) Dunkin Donuts
4) iMore Forum app
5) Period Diary
6) Apple Store
7) CVS
8) Pulse
9) Pocket

Not necessarily in that order :)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading your post, I dlwd'd Readability today to try it out to see how I like :) InstaPaper was my other option, but if I like Readability, I'll save myself $4! :)

I have used Readability, Pocket (formerly Read It Later) as well as Instapaper. They all basically do the same thing with a few minor differences. I like Instapaper best, but the other 2 are right up there with it. I think you will be quite pleased with Readability. Anyway, the iMore Blog did a comparison of the three some time ago. You can check it out here.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have used Readability, Pocket (formerly Read It Later) as well as Instapaper. They all basically do the same thing with a few minor differences. I like Instapaper best, but the other 2 are right up there with it. I think you will be quite pleased with Readability. Anyway, the iMore Blog did a comparison of the three some time ago. You can check it out here.

Thanks for this again, D:) In regards to this, I've dwld'd both Readability and Pocket to my 4S. So far, I've favored Pocket. To me it just seems a bit more refined and "softer" looking, if that makes any sense. I did purchase InstaPaper for my iPad and I like that alot too!!

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
After reading your post, I dlwd'd Readability today to try it out to see how I like :) InstaPaper was my other option, but if I like Readability, I'll save myself $4! :)

That's great. I love readability. I never tried instapaper or pocket yet but I think I will. Like Justme D said they all do the same thing though so just use which one that you like the most.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's great. I love readability. I never tried instapaper or pocket yet but I think I will. Like Justme D said they all do the same thing though so just use which one that you like the most.

I've chosen to go with Pocket:) I installed it on my iPad & 4S this way the acct will sync to both devices so depending on what I have in my hand at the time, my articles are always avail to me! Also, when using Pulse, you can use the email link within the app to send articles to Pocket as well if you don't have time to read right then and there:);)

Pocket has a softer look to me, with the tinted cream colored back ground. Seems easier on my eyes:) I also have InstaPaper installed on my iPad but always find myself using Pocket 99% of the time now!
)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've chosen to go with Pocket:) I installed it on my iPad & 4S this way the acct will sync to both devices so depending on what I have in my hand at the time, my articles are always avail to me! Also, when using Pulse, you can use the email link within the app to send articles to Pocket as well if you don't have time to read right then and there:);)

Pocket has a softer look to me, with the tinted cream colored back ground. Seems easier on my eyes:) I also have InstaPaper installed on my iPad but always find myself using Pocket 99% of the time now!
)

That's great pink! I also decided to downloaded pocket and so far I like it better then readability too lol. I like both for different reasons so at the moment in using both. Both apps work really well with pulse too. How's instapaper?

Tapatalking

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2