Last edited by Pink; 10-22-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: had to add on :p
    10-17-2012 05:41 PM
    The ones I use the most

Readability
    Evernote
    Pulse
    Overdrive media
    Pandora
    After reading your post, I dlwd'd Readability today to try it out to see how I like InstaPaper was my other option, but if I like Readability, I'll save myself $4!
    10-17-2012 08:38 PM
    After reading your post, I dlwd'd Readability today to try it out to see how I like InstaPaper was my other option, but if I like Readability, I'll save myself $4!
    I have used Readability, Pocket (formerly Read It Later) as well as Instapaper. They all basically do the same thing with a few minor differences. I like Instapaper best, but the other 2 are right up there with it. I think you will be quite pleased with Readability. Anyway, the iMore Blog did a comparison of the three some time ago. You can check it out here.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-17-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-17-2012 08:58 PM
    I have used Readability, Pocket (formerly Read It Later) as well as Instapaper. They all basically do the same thing with a few minor differences. I like Instapaper best, but the other 2 are right up there with it. I think you will be quite pleased with Readability. Anyway, the iMore Blog did a comparison of the three some time ago. You can check it out here.
    Thanks for this again, D In regards to this, I've dwld'd both Readability and Pocket to my 4S. So far, I've favored Pocket. To me it just seems a bit more refined and "softer" looking, if that makes any sense. I did purchase InstaPaper for my iPad and I like that alot too!!
    10-19-2012 12:42 PM
    That's great. I love readability. I never tried instapaper or pocket yet but I think I will. Like Justme D said they all do the same thing though so just use which one that you like the most.
    Last edited by Rellskie; 10-20-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    10-20-2012 10:32 AM
    Recently used most:
    DropBox
    NetFlix
    iMore
    Instagram
    Jetsetter
    Signature for PDF
    10-22-2012 05:23 AM
    That's great. I love readability. I never tried instapaper or pocket yet but I think I will. Like Justme D said they all do the same thing though so just use which one that you like the most.
    I've chosen to go with Pocket I installed it on my iPad & 4S this way the acct will sync to both devices so depending on what I have in my hand at the time, my articles are always avail to me! Also, when using Pulse, you can use the email link within the app to send articles to Pocket as well if you don't have time to read right then and there

Pocket has a softer look to me, with the tinted cream colored back ground. Seems easier on my eyes I also have InstaPaper installed on my iPad but always find myself using Pocket 99% of the time now!
    )
    10-22-2012 11:02 AM
    Zite
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    Bloomberg
    I've chosen to go with Pocket I installed it on my iPad & 4S this way the acct will sync to both devices so depending on what I have in my hand at the time, my articles are always avail to me! Also, when using Pulse, you can use the email link within the app to send articles to Pocket as well if you don't have time to read right then and there

Pocket has a softer look to me, with the tinted cream colored back ground. Seems easier on my eyes I also have InstaPaper installed on my iPad but always find myself using Pocket 99% of the time now!
    )
    That's great pink! I also decided to downloaded pocket and so far I like it better then readability too lol. I like both for different reasons so at the moment in using both. Both apps work really well with pulse too. How's instapaper?

Tapatalking
    10-22-2012 04:20 PM
    That's great pink! I also decided to downloaded pocket and so far I like it better then readability too lol. I like both for different reasons so at the moment in using both. Both apps work really well with pulse too. How's instapaper?

Tapatalking
    InstaPaper has a nice UI on the iPad for the bit that i've used it (i dont have it on my 4S so i cant comment on it). I honestly cant give you a full opinion on it because i've barely used it, sorry. I can tell you the features it has are liked, archive, friends, the feature (not sure exactly what this is havent ckd it out), a link for the web and settings (including font style, size, light/dark background) theres also sharing for Fb, twitter, tumblr, pinboard & Evernote, as well as being able to email articles from what ever browser your on using the InstaPaper email contact OR having the InstaPaper save link stored directly to your Safari bookmarks bar (not just to bookmark it)

so it may have a few more settings than what Pocket has as far as social sharing goes, but i dont use/need any of them. So its really up to you if you needed those extra functions. InstaPaper is also $3.99

So idk if what i've told you helped at all, lol. Hopefully it has a bit

I'm pretty happy with Pocket for now
    10-22-2012 07:27 PM
    Oh ok I see. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to stick with readability and pocket myself. I'm liking pocket a lot right now.

Tapatalking
    10-22-2012 07:38 PM
    Oh ok I see. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to stick with readability and pocket myself. I'm liking pocket a lot right now.

Tapatalking

Yw, and yep same for me-Pocket has my vote!
    10-22-2012 07:50 PM
    I am seconding the vote for pocket--I use it to send interesting articles from flipboard and tweetbot that I want to read more in-depth.

Other free apps I love: Facebook, Pinterest, USA Today (looks just like the paper), tumblr and jasmine, which is my replacement YouTube app.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    10-22-2012 09:29 PM
    Dropbox
    YouTube
    Facebook
    Evernote

Does anyone know of any GREAT FREE games out there??
    10-23-2012 05:54 AM
    I am seconding the vote for pocket--I use it to send interesting articles from flipboard and tweetbot that I want to read more in-depth.

Other free apps I love: Facebook, Pinterest, USA Today (looks just like the paper), tumblr and jasmine, which is my replacement YouTube app.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    Speaking of Flipboard - i checked this one out yesterday and dwld'd it to my iPad. So far i like it too, and will add it to my 4S !
    10-23-2012 08:25 AM
    Speaking of Flipboard - i checked this one out yesterday and dwld'd it to my iPad. So far i like it too, and will add it to my 4S !
    I love how graphic it is--it really feels like a magazine to me, and I love how you can add so many sources to it.
    10-23-2012 08:26 AM
    I love how graphic it is--it really feels like a magazine to me, and I love how you can add so many sources to it.
    me too! The ui is very refined and easy/clean to use! I also like how you can "flip" through the pages just as you would a magazine
    bassruffneck likes this.
    10-23-2012 08:30 AM
    ESPN Fantasy Football
    Pandora
    Bad Piggie
    Shazam

I love how I have this wonderful, yet expensive phone but get in a tizzy if an app isn't free!!!
    10-23-2012 10:20 AM
    I use Flipboard on my iPad and iPhone.
    It's great.

Good Luck
    10-23-2012 09:39 PM
    Cool pick pink. How do you like the flipboard app? Is it like pulse?

Tapatalking
    Rellskie, I REALLY like it - better than Pulse ! It has the same content that you can add, including integration of FB & Twitter if you use them (I don't) you can re-arrange the order your articles are in as well. Here's a few ss's I didn't create an acct tho. Also, the little red tab you see in the upper right is where you edit your settings etc. and pages on the iPhone "flip" bottom to top it also has Pocket, Instapaper and Readabiltiy integration too !
    10-24-2012 07:38 AM
    Rellskie, I REALLY like it - better than Pulse ! It has the same content that you can add, including integration of FB & Twitter if you use them (I don't) you can re-arrange the order your articles are in as well. Here's a few ss's I didn't create an acct tho. Also, the little red tab you see in the upper right is where you edit your settings etc. and pages on the iPhone "flip" bottom to top it also has Pocket, Instapaper and Readabiltiy integration too !
    Thanks pink. I always thought you needed fb or twitter to use it or something lol. Thanks for the info.

Tapatalking
    10-24-2012 07:59 AM
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Netflix
    Hulu
    Spotify
    Fruit Ninja
    Tap Tap Revolution

honestly I rarely pay for apps but I've found a lot of great free ones!
    10-24-2012 06:41 PM
    Pink,

The other great feature, at least for me, is that you can pull Google Reader into it.

Good Luck
    10-24-2012 10:38 PM
    Thanks for the ss on this one...got it yesterday and LOVE it!! Its great that I can delete separate apps now (LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter) and place them in Flip; they display soo much nicer there anyways!!! I may even take this little social wonder out of its folder and place it right on my homescreen!!
    10-31-2012 09:43 AM
117 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD