Part of the experience on the iPad when it comes to reading is the overall experience.

While I use Reeder to quickly scroll through RSS feeds and check my regular sites, it isn't suited for kicking back and casually reading.

I've found applications like Zite, Flipboard, Currents, and Pulse to be better suited.

I personally prefer Zite due to the way you can customize it and how it "learns" what you want to read.

What do you guys use?
    04-07-2012 03:16 PM
    Flipboard all the way for me, Pulse second
    04-07-2012 03:40 PM
    i used pulse on my iphone and when i got my ipad i dl'd the pulse app for it logged in to it and all my feeds were there. that is enough for me to give it a 2 thumbs up.
    04-08-2012 11:11 PM
    Flipboard and Google Currents
    04-08-2012 11:31 PM
    Flipboard... the only way to go, IMHO
    04-08-2012 11:48 PM
    Flipboard for both my iPhone and iPad. Been considering Zite but never made the jump.
    04-09-2012 03:09 AM
    I use Google Currents for now
    04-09-2012 08:52 AM
    I use Google Currents for now
    I want to love currents. I just feel it takes forever to load & crashes a lot when jr does work its beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-12-2012 11:50 PM
    Flipboard!
    04-13-2012 03:03 AM
    Flipboard and Feedly

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    04-13-2012 09:22 AM
    I've always used Pulse, but the layout bothers me sometimes. So right now I'm downloading Flipboard and Zite to see which one I like best.
    04-15-2012 07:15 PM
    I have Flipboard, but find I use Zite exclusively. I had a few more loaded like Pulse, but I deleted them.
    04-15-2012 07:54 PM
    I've always used Pulse, but the layout bothers me sometimes. So right now I'm downloading Flipboard and Zite to see which one I like best.
    Pulse was a tad too busy for my liking. Zite was too limiting and I didn't like it choosing news sources for me. I know exactly what I like and the rss feeds I subscribe to. Know what I mean?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    04-15-2012 08:49 PM
  14. P
    I'm using NextIssue on my Android device and Flipboard on my iPad, it's by the far the best magazine app on the iOS platform.
    04-16-2012 06:15 AM
    Funny how people wanting the same thing have different views on what the like. Makes the world interesting. Once post above said they don't like Zite choosing for them. That is why I like Zite, I tell it on a regular basis what I want more of, what I want less of, I pick the categories and there they are like magic, exactly what I want. The only downside is I get a lot of duplicates.

Flipboard gives me the whole magazine basically with mixed articles. I don't like that. I don't want to read something on every topic, I want to read what I want to read bases on subject. If I want to read about SEO or Web Design or Fonts I have that in Zite, not in Flipboard.

Regardless I spend more time in Feeddler Pro with my newsfeeds. I find I like that more and have a very organized and large download by folders and categories, plus since I use Google, I can read it anywhere on any computer or device and I don't have to worry about it showing up twice as Google keeps it organized for me. I don't get the newspaper anymore, read the headlines for local online and the rest on my homepage and such.
    04-16-2012 10:26 AM
    ....(snipped)...

Regardless I spend more time in Feeddler Pro with my newsfeeds. I find I like that more and have a very organized and large download by folders and categories, plus since I use Google, I can read it anywhere on any computer or device and I don't have to worry about it showing up twice as Google keeps it organized for me. I don't get the newspaper anymore, read the headlines for local online and the rest on my homepage and such.
    But that is exactly how I use Flipboard & Feedly. I enter my Google Reader information that already has my RSS feeds and read them in magazine style. Zite didn't allow for that and it drove me crazy. As for Feeddler Pro, that is still my favorite. It just works!

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    04-16-2012 11:20 AM
    Flipboard and Hitpad.
    04-16-2012 06:10 PM
    Flipboard!
    04-17-2012 08:31 AM
    When I use one, I like flipboard, but I really, really wish they would add readability.
    04-19-2012 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD