After this newest update, the hilariously-buggy and frustrating Facebook for iPad app was upgraded to take advantage of the new iPad's retina screen. Most of the app's "bad" stuff still remains. I keep seeing reviews saying people are upset that there's no Timeline view still... am I the only one that DOES have Timeline views (with Cover Photos) showing on the app? Granted, if the people I'm looking up have "bypassed" the Timeline feature on the website, I won't see it, but for everyone with it, it's there - clear as day.

Just curious...
    04-05-2012 11:03 AM
    I'm not seeing any timelines!
    04-05-2012 03:02 PM
    I never saw any timelines - even on the website. (Which is why I finally just stopped going to Facebook!)
    04-05-2012 05:29 PM
    I'm not seeing any timelines!
    I'd prefer to never see timelines.
    04-05-2012 06:15 PM
    I have a different issue: it seems like I can no longer add a caption to a photo I'm uploading on a Page I administer?!? It used to be that I could add "Attach" a photo, and then caption it so that the status update used the caption--the only option now is Upload, which simply uploads the pic to the page wall without any caption.

Has anyone else figured out if there is a way to do this? Or is emailing my only option (assuming that still works the same)?

(btw it seems I can still do this in the iPhone version)
    Last edited by Massie; 04-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    04-05-2012 08:19 PM
    I have a different issue: it seems like I can no longer add a caption to a photo I'm uploading on a Page I administer?!? It used to be that I could add "Attach" a photo, and then caption it so that the status update used the caption--the only option now is Upload, which simply uploads the pic to the page wall without any caption.

Has anyone else figured out if there is a way to do this? Or is emailing my only option (assuming that still works the same)?

(btw it seems I can still do this in the iPhone version)
    It's been like that for awhile with me, as far as I've noticed. And yep, the iPhone still lets you do it.
    04-06-2012 12:21 AM
    Just to be clear, this is a Timeline view, right? I'm getting these for myself (pictured) and everyone else.
    04-06-2012 12:47 AM
    It's been like that for awhile with me, as far as I've noticed. And yep, the iPhone still lets you do it.
    Too bad. That means I now have to take work home with me. Unless there's a good third-party app that has that functionality?
    04-06-2012 08:15 AM
    You can always use Safari to access fb, or something like iLoader to upload images (my favorite)
    04-06-2012 08:42 AM
    Safari doesn't let you upload, since it looks for a file directory. Does iloader allow for captioning photos you upload to a Page (instead of your regular fb page)?
    04-06-2012 09:37 AM
    Yes, iLoader let's you upload to pages you maintain
    04-06-2012 09:45 AM
    With a photo caption?

That's the sticking point; I can upload photos just fine, but cannot add a caption in the native app--only a comment after the photo is uploaded. (The problem with this is that the photo then appears on its own in the feed, with no caption.)

Thanks for helping!
    04-06-2012 10:30 AM
    Yes, with captions.

There is a light version you can test with full functionality.
    04-06-2012 10:35 AM
    You may want to try one of the other FB apps, like MyPad (there's a free and a paid version).
    04-06-2012 11:06 AM
    Dang, tried the free iLoader and while it shows the option to use a caption, you can't use it without buying the full version. (This is for a work machine where we can't purchase anything, unfortunately, and I'm not really comfortable buying it at home and using my account here.) So close! Guess I'll keep looking!
    04-06-2012 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD