Official iMore for iPhone app feedback thread

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iphone_5_release_date-620x411.jpg

FIRST

[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imore/id511668903?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Download the official iMore for iPhone app from the App Store. It's FREE, so hurry up![/URL]

SECOND

Read this so you know what's NOT included, WHY it's not included, and WHEN it will be coming:

We?re already planning the next version of iMore for iOS, and as the name foreshadows, the biggest priority will be delivering an insanely great Retina iPad interface. It. Will. Be. Done. We?re also planning to integrate CoreData so recently read articles will cache, and you?ll be able to Favorite articles to store locally. Adding share via iMessage is on the list, and so is ?read later?. We want to add a gesture shortcut to make navigating between stories faster, and we want to add search so you can find exactly what you?re looking for.

Commenting is also in the roadmap, but since we?re also hard at work on a better commenting system for iMore, we?re waiting for that before integrating it into the iMore app.

We tried hard to integrate the iMore forums as well, both as an embedded app and as a web extension to the iMore app but it just didn?t work right. Instead of being convenient it was a bit of a collision. So ultimately we made the decision early on to split the iMore Forums out into a separate app. That?s the bad news. The good news is that app is almost done now as well (I have the beta on my iPhone already!).

It?s built on the Tapatalk engine ? which if you follow the greater Mobile Nations family of sites you may have already guessed, given that the Android Central Forums app and CrackBerry Forums app have already hit their respective worlds and markets.

The iMore Forums app will be out soon as well, so sit tight! There?s lot?s more to come!

THIRD

Give us your feedback in this thread!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it to see what it's like, however, I found out there isn't much to see so far. When I clicked on news, reviews, and apps, I was met with the following:

ad310dce-601c-14a8.jpg

ad310dce-602b-f965.jpg

ad310dce-6037-9487.jpg

I realize this is just out, but it is a little hard to give feedback on a app when not all of the content is available yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Iammedina

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it to see what it's like, however, I found out there isn't much to see so far. When I clicked on news, reviews, and apps, I was met with the following:

Click to view quoted image

I realize this is just out, but it is a little hard to give feedback on a app when not all of the content is available yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

I'm getting the same thing. I tried to delete & reinstall but no luck.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It was working great when I first downloaded it a few hours back but now I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
FIXED! (At least I hope so!) Really sorry everyone! Keeping a close eye on this and hope it's smooth sailing from now on!

Please try again and let me know what you think!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
FIXED! (At least I hope so!) Really sorry everyone! Keeping a close eye on this and hope it's smooth sailing from now on!

Please try again and let me know what you think!

Thanks for fixing it as I can now give Some feedback. After downloading and testing it out on my iPad this morning I can say it works well even though it is not optimized for the iPad yet. You guys did a nice job on the lay out of the app. I like how everything is easy to get to and I don't have to go searching all over the place to find what I am looking for. Also, as a reader of iMore's reviews, the app makes reading them much easier. Can't wait till my 4S finishes charging so I can test it out on the iPhone. I know you are probably still tweaking things with the app, so I'll post any issues that I find as they come up, but so far it looks awesome, Rene. Please come out with the forum app soon. :)

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The forums already work with Tapatalk just fine.

True, however, there are some who don't post on other forums or for one reason or another just want to have one specific forum app that they can use for individual forums that they are on and that is who an app like this would be targeted for. I use Tapatalk and do like it, but I would use the iMore forum app as well when it is released.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded and tested the app and I am seeing the articles on the main screen. I can't wait for the forum app. :) Thanks, Rene, Seth, Tammy and Dave and everyone else who has worked and will work on the future versions of these apps.