Draw Something - HUGE battery drain???

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i usually dont download games, but i caved in and downloaded it. it seems like its a huge battery drain, more than just normal browsing or messaging is. i used it for ten minutes and my battery dropped 7%. i know with blackberry, we sometimes found that certain apps were causing memory leaks or abnormal battery drains. is anyone else noticing higher than normal drains from playing this game words with friends doesnt give me any issues. so im thinking its draw thats the issue.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed on my iPod touch the game draw something drains my battery a lot.. That game freezes and lags quite a bit.. The maker needs to update it very soon!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This game is my latest addiction, and I'm not seeing a huge battery drain on my iPad (at least more than before).

It does need an update though. I'll get notification, but the game doesn't show up for another hour.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This game is my latest addiction, and I'm not seeing a huge battery drain on my iPad (at least more than before).

It does need an update though. I'll get notification, but the game doesn't show up for another hour.

I did not see an issue with my battery either, but I removed the app until its updated. If you are playing a game and the other person makes a move the only way I know about it is to close the app from the task switcher and let it reload.

Also there is no purpose to the game, there is no winner. It is fun though.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a big battery drain. I went from a full charge to 68% in 3 hours - made only one 5 minute phone call during the time. I checked the usage, and the usage and time between charge was exactly the same.

I deleted the app, put a full charge on the phone, and after 3 hours, I was still at 100%.

The app is the only thing I can point to that was causing the drain.

DadMaxx

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Draw Something

It is possible that draw something causes a slightly higher battery drain. The software seems to be created with Flex and sometimes may use high amount of memory. You can test yourself on a normal desktop, here is the similar software that is built on the similar concept (Draw Something App): videosoftware.pro/software/draw-something

I don't think it is the software itself since drawing one -in case of Draw Something- or two -in case of this alternative- layers should not require any memory excess. It seems more like a software architecture issue that I am sure will be optimized. I have seen similar problems with Apps running in FP. Since these apps are (may be) buit with FB4.5 the issues are exported to Android/iOS apps as well.

(Btw... this software worth a deeper look)

i usually dont download games, but i caved in and downloaded it. it seems like its a huge battery drain, more than just normal browsing or messaging is. i used it for ten minutes and my battery dropped 7%. i know with blackberry, we sometimes found that certain apps were causing memory leaks or abnormal battery drains. is anyone else noticing higher than normal drains from playing this game words with friends doesnt give me any issues. so im thinking its draw thats the issue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

That and it always just displays "1". Regardless how many games you have waiting. And no drain here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2