Hey guys, long Blackberry user here who recently converted a few days ago to the iPhone 4 (Verizon). Im loving the phone so far, but have a long way to go as far as learning it goes. I am a huge forum buff and purchased tapatalk. Some of the forums I am a member of I was able to find easily through search, but I cant find iMore for some reason, iMore and a few others I frequent. Any tips or suggestions on searching?

Also, I see that I have an update pending for my phone. I cant download it yet as Im no where near wifi or a computer I can connect my phone to. What is the best way to update the iPhone? On BB and OTA upgrade is guaranteed problems, and the best was to download the file and load from computer. Do I use iTunes for the iOS? Thanks in advance for any help.
    03-10-2012 10:48 AM
    Hey guys, long Blackberry user here who recently converted a few days ago to the iPhone 4 (Verizon). Im loving the phone so far, but have a long way to go as far as learning it goes. I am a huge forum buff and purchased tapatalk. Some of the forums I am a member of I was able to find easily through search, but I cant find iMore for some reason, iMore and a few others I frequent. Any tips or suggestions on searching?
    Yes, Tapatalk is available for this forum, you just have to search for it under the old name "TiPb", instead of iMore.

Also, I see that I have an update pending for my phone. I cant download it yet as Im no where near wifi or a computer I can connect my phone to. What is the best way to update the iPhone? On BB and OTA upgrade is guaranteed problems, and the best was to download the file and load from computer. Do I use iTunes for the iOS? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Either way of updating is ok. If you are in WiFi you can always update OTA instead of having to connect to your computer.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    03-10-2012 10:56 AM
    Tapatalk is da bomb. I am typing on it right now. It is under Tipb...
    03-10-2012 10:59 AM
    Thanks guys. The TIPb search was easy enough lol. So no problems with OTA updates? Loving this thing more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-10-2012 11:22 AM
    Thanks guys. The TIPb search was easy enough lol. So no problems with OTA updates? Loving this thing more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are welcome. I've done 2 OTA updates on my iPhones so far and haven't had any issues myself with it. Just make sure your battery is greater than 50% or you might get an error message. Other than that you should be good with doing OTA updates.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 03-10-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    03-10-2012 11:28 AM
    I updated my wifes via OTA and did mine through iTunes. No issues either way.
    03-10-2012 01:43 PM
    OTA updates on both iPhone 4S & iPad 2. No issues. Both took about 15 mins on Wi-Fi

Good Luck
    03-10-2012 05:05 PM
    First I have heard of tapatalk, gunna try it now!
    03-12-2012 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD