Twitter Timeline Notifications

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to get a notification for my twitter timeline, is this possible? I have tried a few different apps and have not found one that notifies me when I get a new item on my timeline. Currently I have an iPhone 4 (non jailbroke) with ios5. Can anyone tell me an app that will do this or another way to accomplish this thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zenduo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Surely you would get constant notifications all day long! I can't say I've ever seen an app that does this but I'll keep my eye out for you.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Boxcar claims it has the ability to do this but from my own experience not very well. however, i stopped using it well over 6 months ago so i'd say give it a try. worse case scenario even if you just received some it's still better than none at all?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm new to Twitter (like one day)
Just downloaded the official Twitter app for my iPhone 4S.

So I'm not sure your post (not getting Timeline notification) is the same as my question. If it is then I guess there's no notification.

I follow 4 people. I don't post. All I want is to be notified anytime anyone of these 4 people tweet.
Is there a way for this to happen? I've checked all the settings but I'm lost.

TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to get a notification for my twitter timeline, is this possible? I have tried a few different apps and have not found one that notifies me when I get a new item on my timeline. Currently I have an iPhone 4 (non jailbroke) with ios5. Can anyone tell me an app that will do this or another way to accomplish this thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me get this straight. You want to get notifications for your 'timeline'? I hope you don't have many followers or follow many people because if you do, the timeline notifications would NEVER cease and would almost be constant. I don't know of any apps that provide notifications for your timeline anymore. Some used to, but were intended for people who set the app to check their timeline at specific time intervals...for instance, every 10 minutes. Seesmic and some of the other older Twitter apps may still do this for you, but I'm not certain. I use Tweetbot exclusively. If I were you, I'd set notifications to receive DMs and mentions..maybe even RTs, but not the timeline.

UPDATE: The original post was dated March 7th and I *assume* this topic is no longer relevant to the OP.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I only follow four people and wanted to be notified any time they tweeted.

So today I determined how to have a text sent to me each time they tweet. And since I have only four it's managable.

Go to tweeter.com on a Windows PC ( I couldn't do it on my iPad)
Click on "Following"
Click on the person you are following
On the right side of the screen there is an icon of a person's upper body
Right click the icon and you have a choice to receive text notification

Hope this helps someone.
Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
By now you know with most recent Twitter update you can now receive notifications in the notification bar of the people you follow on your iPhone.

But according to Twitter support this is not available on the iPad Twitter app.

Additionally, I'm not getting Badges on the iPhone Twitter Icon although I thought I read somewhere that it suppose to appear when you have unread Tweets.

And yes I do have it set to Badge on in Settings.
No response from support yet on this one.

Anyone getting the Badges?

TIA

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
By now you know with most recent Twitter update you can now receive notifications in the notification bar of the people you follow on your iPhone.

But according to Twitter support this is not available on the iPad Twitter app.

Additionally, I'm not getting Badges on the iPhone Twitter Icon although I thought I read somewhere that it suppose to appear when you have unread Tweets.

And yes I do have it set to Badge on in Settings.
No response from support yet on this one.

Anyone getting the Badges?

TIA

I receive notification badges on my Twitter for iPhone icon.
ae6f1f7c-7a7d-ba8a.jpg

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You're very welcome, my friend. Let us know if you get it to work properly. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I deleted the app.
Cleared cache
Re started the phone.
Installed the app.
Re started the phone.
Still no badges

I'll report back once I hear from support. (they initially told me to clear cache)

Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the app.
Cleared cache
Re started the phone.
Installed the app.
Re started the phone.
Still no badges

I'll report back once I hear from support. (they initially told me to clear cache)

Good Luck

I'm assuming you have badges turned on again in the phone's settings as well as notifications enabled in the app so I don't understand why it's not working as it should. Didn't the app get an update yesterday?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm assuming you have badges turned on again in the phone's settings as well as notifications enabled in the app so I don't understand why it's not working as it should. Didn't the app get an update yesterday?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Yes to all and update was a few days go.
Go figure.
Good Luck

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i really thought i would make good use of the TL notifications but like JustMe'D and i had discussions in another thread it gets a little overwhelming

this made my decision to go running back to Tweetbot very easy

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
i really thought i would make good use of the TL notifications but like JustMe'D and i had discussions in another thread it gets a little overwhelming

this made my decision to go running back to Tweetbot very easy

I can see how that would be a problem BLiNK.
Fortunately, I'm only following a few people.
Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
FYI:
Support is sending my issue to the "engineers".
They said once it's fixed it would "automatically" update my app.
I take that to mean that if they determine it's a bug that others have noticed, the fix will in an update through the App Store.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FYI:
Support is sending my issue to the "engineers".
They said once it's fixed it would "automatically" update my app.
I take that to mean that if they determine it's a bug that others have noticed, the fix will in an update through the App Store.
Good Luck

Thanks for the update, my friend, and I am glad to see that your situation is being looked into. Hopefully, your wait for a fix won't be long.

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro