Newbie Overwhelmed with all the apps

jscott1026

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
So I am new to Iphone and wow I will admit It is a little Overwhelming with such the variety and quantity of apps. I mean there were a lot on Android but nothing compared to this by a mile. So much to choose from aaahhhhhhhh. Where does one truly get started? Anyone else have this issue when they first came over to iphone?

Love News apps, Social apps and Blog apps... I am looking to mess around with photo and videos since this thing has such a amazing camera. Next I need a Mac so I can completely turn to the Dark Side.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Start by reading iMore's Pick of the Week feature every weekend.

Next, figure out what you want, and cruise the Apps forum. Lots of good stuff here.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You can also look on iTunes and they will have "bundles" of Apps Like "Essentials", "Free Game Apps" "Starter Kit". Stuff like that. Good place to start to figure out what you like.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
There are also a few "Top 5" and "Must Have" topics in the App forum. Check those out!! I have had great luck finding new (and awesome) apps there!

iWould like to welcome you to the dark side!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

nicolasgb

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple recently acquired Chomp and are said to be working on an App Store revamp to improve discoverability :)
Browsing top25 used to be how to find good apps, but not anymore these days with publishers gaming the charts

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Most of the game apps I've got downloaded I've discovered through here.

Most of my weather related apps I found on my own or downloaded what Reed Timmer has. I downloaded a few of the ones he uses on his iPhone. Figure if they're good enough for him, they're good enough for me.

The coding app I use for work I found on my own.

Just figure out what you want whether it be games or radio apps or whatever and go from there. Welcome to the dark side. :)

playerout

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
So I am new to Iphone and wow I will admit It is a little Overwhelming with such the variety and quantity of apps. I mean there were a lot on Android but nothing compared to this by a mile. So much to choose from aaahhhhhhhh. Where does one truly get started? Anyone else have this issue when they first came over to iphone?

Love News apps, Social apps and Blog apps... I am looking to mess around with photo and videos since this thing has such a amazing camera. Next I need a Mac so I can completely turn to the Dark Side.
I'm turning to the dark side too! First step..iphone!..I have the same problem, I mean..I'm kinda drowning in this ocean of information...hope to float back to he surface soon! :)
Learning to use social apps...and looking for funny and tricky games!
Thanks everybody for your tips!

jscott1026

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Most of the game apps I've got downloaded I've discovered through here.

Most of my weather related apps I found on my own or downloaded what Reed Timmer has. I downloaded a few of the ones he uses on his iPhone. Figure if they're good enough for him, they're good enough for me.

The coding app I use for work I found on my own.

Just figure out what you want whether it be games or radio apps or whatever and go from there. Welcome to the dark side. :)

What are the ones Reed uses for weather? If it works for a Storm Chaser its fine by me as well.

JPerkins

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Am a bit of a newbie myself, some apps are just plain fun, others are really useful! Social networking apps are genius, Love em! Try app store top 25 :)

IdleStudios

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Finding good apps depends on how you plan to use your phone. "Best of the year" articles and top app lists are good places to start, but they can get out of date.

When I got my phone, I just dove in and tried a bunch of apps that looked interesting. There are lots of free apps out there, too, which makes it easy to try before you buy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2