I found this yesterday and in honor of fitness month I thought I would share. I downloaded iRunner yesterday. It's a great app. It tracks how long and how far you run or walk. It will speak your distance and pace to you every so often. If you are playing music it will lower the music volume and speak over the music. When you view the lock screen it will display your current time and distance without having to open the phone. All that and it was free. I was, however, worried about battery drain but I was suprised that after a full hour I was down just under 10%. To me that seemed reasonable considering the GPS is running that whole time. It has other features too but I haven't tried any of them yet. There is a paid upgrade too but so far I haven't found a need for it. Actually I have no idea what the paid upgrade does.
    02-01-2012 05:31 PM
    Have you tried RunKeeper? Just wondering how they compare.
    02-01-2012 09:27 PM
    No I've never heard of that one. From the pictures on iTunes they look very similar though.
    02-02-2012 12:17 AM
    RunKeeper is a very popular app... if you get a chance to use RK, I'd also like a comparison. I will eventually get back to running and such, but that'll be after the superbowl
    02-02-2012 12:35 AM
    Okay I will download Runkeeper and try that one today to see how it compares.
    02-02-2012 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD