iBooks 2 textbooks thoughts.. awesome or another PING?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
http://www.imore.com/2012/01/19/apple-posts-full-education-keynote-video-website-itunes/

Now that iBooks 2 has been announced with support for textbooks -- curious as to how many people will be jumping in right away. I know plenty of folks who have been asking for such things for quite some time now I'm wondering how fast this stuff will take off.. or if it will at all? Is it another PING or did Apple present something useful here?

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I think that (if it were available in canada) that I would use it, I really hate lugging around textbooks and right now I just leave them at home. My ipad has basically all my school stuff on it and i think textbooks would be really handy.

however, i can't use it because apple decided to make it us only.
I mean it doesn't make any sense, most of my textbooks are Mcgraw-hill..

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Apple, please submit to failure and remove PING. The name is stupid, the concept was overdone, and because its an option on the left menu bar in iTunes, I have to scroll down even more to see my playlists.

/s

BUT I think iBooks 2 is a great idea. Many of my peers at school use iPads instead of laptops and this would be a great way for teachers who make their own textbooks for certain courses to have people download them instantly.

ScoobyDoo27

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I hope this doesn't turn out like Ping. This is what should have been included when the iPad first came out. I bought my iPad almost strictly for school. It's very portable and lightweight and the battery will last me a long time. I've always been on the edge about the buying textbooks through Amazon for the kindle but the prices are still too high that I can buy a used textbook and sell it back for almost the same price.

But.... Apple really has only released 8 textbooks? And they are all for high school students? When I was in high school (only a couple years ago) the administration would never allow anyone to use a portable device such as an iPad. Plus my high school supplied us with our textbooks. Why aren't they catering to college students who could get way more use out of this? If they don't change that then it will turn into another Ping.

Randy b

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
http://www.imore.com/2012/01/19/apple-posts-full-education-keynote-video-website-itunes/

Now that iBooks 2 has been announced with support for textbooks -- curious as to how many people will be jumping in right away. I know plenty of folks who have been asking for such things for quite some time now I'm wondering how fast this stuff will take off.. or if it will at all? Is it another PING or did Apple present something useful here?
I know wtf Canada and the us is almost the same so y do we have to Waite to get this stuff like iTunes match and others

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think more people schools and publishers will jump on board just a matter of time people don't like change but for it to be useful it has to be accepted as well as allowing iPads in schools to start with

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I hope that Apple is thinking beyond school and university education. I would love to use a tool like iBooks Author to create corporate training materials that make use of the iPad platform. I'd need a way to limit distribution to authorized employees, though. That might not fit with Apple's vision.