Twitter apps

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 4S and love it. Are there any twitter apps (preferably free) that remember your position in the timeline when you exit the app? I came from BlackBerry and I loved that about UberSocial.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Also came over from BB/UberSocial so I know what you're looking for/expecting.

IMO, the native Twitter app (just called "Twitter") is absolutely fine. It is free. Certainly loads tweets and photos much more easily than BlackBerry ever did. It allows out to retweet or "quote tweet" where you can add your comment to the quote, which I recall a lot of BB twitter apps did not allow.

Then there's TweetBot, which is $2.99 (but apparently goes on sale from time to time). That's the paid Twitter client that I've heard most people swear by. It adds some presentation and some neat sound effects...i can't speak to it because I haven't used it, but perhaps it adds some other features for convenience.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Tweetcaster Pro is my favorite. Tweetbot is so over-rated it ain't funny. It's the ugliest twitter client that I have ever seen. I have about 35 or 40 or so of them. I don't even use it.

Delika

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The official app Twitter is fine, and for free. I currently use this TweetBot, which has a better UI I think.

You can just try official app first and see if you really need another one.

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I need "mute" options, so I got Tweetlogix. It has options to mute hashtags, users & keywords. The only issue is push notifications arent working in this latest version.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The new Twitter app is horrible. They took away the ability have large fonts. Taking away capabilities on updates is just silly.

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I've tried a few (sticking with free for now) and twitter, ubersocial, and hootsuite don't remember my exact spot in the timeline after not opening the app for a while. I use twitter more as a news feed and like to keep my spot and catch up in batches.

Right now I'm using tweetcaster free and it's working pretty well for me.

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Another update: I got sick of the ads on Tweetcaster Free taking up screen real estate and found another app called Teewee that does exactly what I want.

I recommend anyone looking for a free twitter app with no ads that remembers your timeline position to check it out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Über Social is available for the iPhone, and I used it exclusively when I had Blackberry devices when it was called Über Twitter, but Tweetbot is THE Twitter app to beat for the iPhone/iPad, in my opinion.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods