Free Navigation App

jessef

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I am a former android user. On the android platform, we had voice guided google navigation for free. I just need help in finding a good free voice guided app for the iPhone.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Please search the Apps forum where this thread is now located. There are lots of navigation apps. A free fav seems to be Waze.

HYDE

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am a former android user. On the android platform, we had voice guided google navigation for free. I just need help in finding a good free voice guided app for the iPhone.

I am in the same boat. Just got the 4S after having several Android phones. Used the navigation on the iPhone for the first today and was extremely disappointed. I can not believe that there is not an option that is even remotely close to Google Maps right out of the box. That Waze looks like something out of a 3rd grade picture book. Hopefully it at least works.

stang7043

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Just got the 4S after having several Android phones. Used the navigation on the iPhone for the first today and was extremely disappointed. I can not believe that there is not an option that is even remotely close to Google Maps right out of the box. That Waze looks like something out of a 3rd grade picture book. Hopefully it at least works.

I think the intention for Waze to make it look that way ... And the 4s doesnt come with google maps ? My 4 did right out of the box.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the intention for Waze to make it look that way ... And the 4s doesnt come with google maps ? My 4 did right out of the box.

All iPhones come with Apple's Maps-app, which is Google based, but has some Apple special sauce on it... but it's not the same as GoogleMaps on Android.

If all one has ever experienced is the "free" apps on an iPhone, you'll think it's the greatest - but if you've ever owned a stand-alone GPSr/PND - the free apps suck in comparison.

Personally, I'm partial to Navigon's app. It's quite affordable - and well worth it, IMO and is for me the closest end-user experience I'm accustomed to using my Garmin Nuvi.

stang7043

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
All iPhones come with Apple's Maps-app, which is Google based, but has some Apple special sauce on it... but it's not the same as GoogleMaps on Android.

If all one has ever experienced is the "free" apps on an iPhone, you'll think it's the greatest - but if you've ever owned a stand-alone GPSr/PND - the free apps suck in comparison.

Personally, I'm partial to Navigon's app. It's quite affordable - and well worth it, IMO and is for me the closest end-user experience I'm accustomed to using my Garmin Nuvi.

Ahhh got ya thanks. Not a huge GPS user .. Most places I go I figure out where Im going first ... I guess Im old fashion in using a map and not relying on a GPS ... Have had some issues using a GPS in directions and dont think they always give you the best route .. I bought GPS Drive which seems to be fine. I guess you get what you pay for or dont pay for ... lol Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2