Best Bedside App??

DrKanter113

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone! In coming from Android, and before that, Blackberry, one of the things I miss is the ability to have a bedside mode of sorts that shows the clock when I plug my phone in at night. I was wondering what the community here feels is the best bedside app?

I'd like an app that has a feature to dim the clock pretty well because I do tend to be a light sleeper so the less bright, the better. I'd also like to know if there's one that has symbols that pop up if you get a notification overnight to let you know something's there, but that's not a total dealbreaker. Any recommendations that you could make would be awesome! Thanks so much!

Rod Sprague

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
You know when you search for a nightstand clock you get a lot of alarm clocks, some with proximity sensors, some with weather, landscape views, timed music designed to put you to sleep etc, etc.
After a lot of searching I finally found one that was easy to see but did not illuminate the whole room because it's red. It has big numerals on a black background and a swipe action to dim. It does not have an alarm but then I already have an alarm. You can buy others colours but red is perfect because it does not disturb my night vision and best of all, the free version doesn't have any ads (yet). It's called Nite Time.

Netty228

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Rod Sprague, so the other colours are only available as IAP? Shucks. Would like to try it, but there's something about red light that always makes me irrationally uneasy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2