Find my iPhone App.

VZWiP4

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does this app really work, how reliable is it?

It works great! I used it to find my lost iPhone one time. Make sure you have a passcode set on your device or else a phone thief could turn Find my iPhone off. Also, make sure to keep cellular data on because sometimes it doesn't find your phone without it on.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does this app really work, how reliable is it?

100% reliable so far. Then again, I've never had a situation where the phone was outside of my house when I've used the app. There have been a couple of times that I thought I had lost my phone in a store, but the app told me I hadn't, that the phone was at home (left in the car as it turned out on both occasions). More often though, I use the "make a noise" feature to cut down the "where's the phone" searches at home. So it's quite useful.

As for reliablity for outside the house type searches, reliability works two ways, location and wiping. As for location, it's going to be as reliable as GPS and the cell network let it be. So you may not be able to find an exact address if the phone is stolen. But there are cases where people have been able to recover phones in that situation with the app. If you left the phone someplace, like a friend's house, where the phone isn't likely to be immediately stolen if you leave it, or a good samaritan turns it in, even a small inaccuracy in location won't matter because you'll likely be able to ID the correct spot. But even if you can't find the exact place the phone went to, if the app can contact the phone, you can wipe it, which at least protects what you have on the phone.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
yea very reliable so far. i noticed it was able to spot my iphone perfectly, right inside my house. however it thought my ipod was across the street. it seems to work just as well as blackberry protect does for blackberrys. im pleased with it so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711