wifi only 16gb ipad2
    Is there an app that will work with google voice that allows you to make and recieve calls?
    Basically looking for wifi calling without setting up sip servers.
    12-29-2011 10:29 PM
    You can use Skype and purchase a Skype-in number.
    Cheesyblasters likes this.
    12-29-2011 10:45 PM
    Something like Talkatone might work for you too.
    Talkatone - free calls and text via WiFi or 3G

From the FAQ:
    "What is Talkatone? How do I use it?

Talkatone gives you free calls, text messages and real-time location sharing on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad via 3G or WiFi connection. Talkatone uses Google Talk and Google Voice services and bridges the gap between instant messaging on your computer and regular cellular calls on your mobile device.
    Basic Talkatone product is free. Wherever you can find data connection you can make a call or send a text message. In order to get most out of Talkatone you need to have Google Voice Account and setup Google services."
    Cheesyblasters likes this.
    12-29-2011 11:29 PM
    Something like Talkatone might work for you too.
    talkatone.com/]Talkatone - free calls and text via WiFi or 3G

From the FAQ:
    "What is Talkatone? How do I use it?

Talkatone gives you free calls, text messages and real-time location sharing on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad via 3G or WiFi connection. Talkatone uses Google Talk and Google Voice services and bridges the gap between instant messaging on your computer and regular cellular calls on your mobile device.
    Basic Talkatone product is free. Wherever you can find data connection you can make a call or send a text message. In order to get most out of Talkatone you need to have Google Voice Account and setup Google services."
    It works! and its free!
    You'll need to tweak things.
    App has Good tutuorial

It allows me to use my ipad 2 as a phone,
    The app in conjunction with google voice number allow me to make and recieve calls .
    Yes the ipad rings!
    12-30-2011 02:00 PM
    Glad it helped. I'm actually considering dropping my AT&T plan next year and just using a setup like this.
    12-30-2011 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD