Fellow fatties (er I mean friends )like so many of you, in 3 days, Im embarking on my annual new years resolution to lose weight. Im sure many of you have downloaded the free calorie tracker apps like Lose It, Livestrong, or MyFitnessPal. The problem is that Ive tried these and I absolutely HATE counting calories! I last about four days and then fizzle out.

But alas! I have found some apps on App Advices best of list and these are definitely going to be in my weight loss cabinet! Ive downloaded them all, and listed my favorite three apps from their list.

My absolute favorite: intelli-Diet
    iTunes Link: App Store - intelli-Diet App | Weight Loss App
    Why I like it: For those like me who dont like counting calories, this is the Rolls-Royce of meal planning. It automatically provides the foods I should be eating and even calculates the exact portion sizes.

My second favorite: FoodTrackerPro
    iTunes Link: App Store - FoodTrackerPro - Daily Eating Log
    Why I like it: This app doesnt provide meal plans, but is good at keeping tabs at the number of servings I should be eating across all the different food groups. Big thing again, no counting calories for these.

My last one: GymBuddy
    Why I like it: Although this one isnt a diet app, you need something to keep track of your exercise. But I think you need to continuously improve to get healthier, not just do the same thing you did last week. I like this app because it time and date stamps every set and rep you peform. Pretty useful if you ask me.

Ive been using all 3 inter-changably since I binged during Christmas with the relatives and so far, so good! Id be interested to hear what other people like or have used. Id like to keep this to apps that dont force you to count calories though. There are so many of those, so let me know if you find any meal planner apps that arent on this list
    Last edited by JenniferB80; 01-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    12-29-2011 10:17 AM
    I found another diet app to add to the meal planning list called Dietician. It's cool, but gives me a lot of frozen packaged foods, where I prefer whole foods like I get from the intelli-diet app.

Anyone try both?

Intelli-diet link: App Store - intelli-Diet App | Weight Loss App

Dietician link: App Store - Dietician
    12-31-2011 12:51 PM
    You might like Tap&Track. Decent database, ability to put in your own recipes or your own favorite foods, can pick from past items.
    12-31-2011 01:42 PM
    The "my plate" from Livestrong has been a great app for me over the last two months! It allows you to track your food intake with goals you set. Along with tracking exercise and the food database is huge. Lots if restaurants and grocery items in the database!

I like the new water tracking feature and it keeps me honest and really opens my eyes to how much I actually consume and what I am missing. Was worth the small cost! Have lost weight each week!

Calorie Counter iPhone App & iPad App | LIVESTRONG.COM
    12-31-2011 03:38 PM
    I'm a weight watchers subscriber and I have 2 apps...the tracker and the bar code scanner. Both apps are by WW.

I can vouch for weight watchers because I've used it before and lost weight but I fell off the wagon. This time we're doing it and sticking with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-31-2011 10:22 PM
    thanks - i'm trying to make sure i have a comprehensive list of all meal planners:

intelli-diet
    foodtrackerpro
    mealboard
    dietician

am i missing any? the rest seem to be calorie trackers
    01-01-2012 02:32 AM
    Calorie Tracker - LIVESTRONG.COM is recommended, I also like runkeeper
    01-01-2012 05:28 PM
    mmm do you know any application for diabetic people diet?
    01-01-2012 06:33 PM
    Found some more good ones... an app called goodfoodnearyou (when you're eating out). I'd stick to the meal planning apps above when you're at home though!

try this for the diabetic apps:

Top Five Apps for Diabetic Care - Diabetes1.org
    01-02-2012 12:18 AM
    no problem.

I just saw that tipb has is giving away a few free copies of intelli-diet !
    http://www.tipb.com/2012/01/03/app-g...ight-loss-app/
    Last edited by JenniferB80; 01-03-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    01-03-2012 03:53 PM
    Myfitnesspal.com app been using for about a year. Good even if weight loss is not your ultimate goal just to keep Track of calories and macro nutrients
    01-03-2012 05:54 PM
    no problem.

I just saw that tipb has is giving away a few free copies of intelli-diet !
    http://www.tipb.com/2012/01/03/app-g...ight-loss-app/
    Sooo I ended up winning the Tipb app giveaway contest, but I had already bought it!! So whoever wants the promo code, first come first serve. Just e-mail me!
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    01-04-2012 03:31 PM
    01-04-2012 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD