Finding a cheap real good gps?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I Use waze right now as a gps and it is pretty good but sometimes tells me to turn in places where it's impossible to turn or turn down one ways. What gps do you guys use on your iPhone? I am looking for a free or cheap one with speech directions that it very accurate. Any recommendations? Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Try doing a search in the Apps forum, where this thread is now located. You might try the keyword "navigation." There are tons of threads discussing the various apps available.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I would stay clear of iPhone navigation apps. They use an unbelievable amount of battery and the phone gets really hot.

Download Waze in the app store to try it out for yourself. It's free.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would stay clear of iPhone navigation apps. They use an unbelievable amount of battery and the phone gets really hot.

Download Waze in the app store to try it out for yourself. It's free.

Hot? Not at all. I've been using Navigon on all of my iPhones and never once have any of them got hot. Also, a simple fix for the battery drain IF this is an issue for some would be to use a car charger while using a navigation app. Since most people use a navigation app in the car anyway, this shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hot? Not at all. I've been using Navigon on all of my iPhones and never once have any of them got hot. Also, a simple fix for the battery drain IF this is an issue for some would be to use a car charger while using a navigation app. Since most people use a navigation app in the car anyway, this shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Agreed, I use WAZE a lot and yes it does chew through the battery more than just surfing the web but like Irish said use a car charger if necessary for long trips. And I have never noticed it to make my phone over heat.