Cannot get Viber access code to work iPhone 4s

Fredaru

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I'm in Japan and have just recently obtained a brandnew iPhone 4s. Would very much like to use Viber on it. Have installed Viber several times. Why several times? Because I cannot get an access code to get it working so I try reinstalling to see if that will help. It doesn't.
I have set Viber up as a PUSH application. In fact, I've set up ALL the applications that can be set as push apps as push apps to see if that might help.
Anyway, in set up for Viber, I get told I'll get an access code by sms --wait 60 seconds for it and it doesn't come. So I push "no code" and have sometimes gotten a phone call that says absolutely nothing -- just silence. In other words, no access code there too.
What else can I do??? I've tried waiting 24 hours and more and still the same thing. Can the viber team just tell me send me by email the access code that will fit my phone number in Japan. Help, please!

Fredaru

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Been there, done that

Well, the long and short of it that I went to Viber Support (as recommended, thanks very much, Tim), went through their check list (again), but did not succeed in getting any farther than I have in the past several days. So, the situation continues to remain: I cannot get an access code.
I'm wondering -- is this unique to me in Japan? Are other iPhone users in Japan finding Viber is difficult or impossible to get functioning in this country? Are the two corporations handling iPhones here (in Japan) somehow making it "difficult" to get access codes from Viber? I'm beginning to wonder...
In any case, for those of you out there in this big-small world, through what app does the sms message with the Viber access code come to your iPhone?
Does anyone know an email address for Viber support?
Any suggestions other than wait 24 hours and try again?

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
This is a member of Viber's development team.

@Fredaru - We have recently implemented major upgrades to our routing system and we are aware that within some regions of the Japan, users are receiving the voice activation callback without the activation code. Rest assured, we are working on this 24/7. We apologize for this temporary setback. We recommend that you continue trying, once every 24 hours. Superb product quality and user satisfaction are paramount to us and we thank you for your patience.

Fredaru

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Viber!

Thanks so much, Viber. I've now got my Viber access code. If I'm not mistaken, one of your team phoned me and left a message (since I wasn't available at the time) with my access code. Talk about great service! Thanks so much!
Go, Viber, go!

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

As we replied in the other forum, please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at support.viber.com and give them the details of the problem.

@viber only

May 18, 2012
Visit site
viber blackberries

Hi

I am from Dubai, UAE I have download viber on blackberries, and I was suppose to recive the access code through SMS but not I didn't recive it yet. :confused:

What I should do to recive the code? Any1 could help

Thanks
:)

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am from Dubai, UAE I have download viber on blackberries, and I was suppose to recive the access code through SMS but not I didn't recive it yet. :confused:

What I should do to recive the code? Any1 could help

Thanks
:)

Hi,
I apologize for my delayed response.

Usually, our suggestion for users with this problem is to try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at Viber Support and Knowledge Base and give them the details of the problem.

However, since I saw you are located in the UAE, then please be aware that the authorities in your country have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is probably why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

marilyn85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
It's our pleasure to be of help :)
Hi Viber Team,

hope you could help me as well, im living in dubai and just got my ipad 3. When I tried to set-up the viber, i did not received the access code from my mobile (as it says wait for 60 sec)..however when i press "No code?" button, the site is blocked and cannot proceed further. Can somebody help me how can I get the access code so I can use the viber app on my ipad?

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Viber Team,

hope you could help me as well, im living in dubai and just got my ipad 3. When I tried to set-up the viber, i did not received the access code from my mobile (as it says wait for 60 sec)..however when i press "No code?" button, the site is blocked and cannot proceed further. Can somebody help me how can I get the access code so I can use the viber app on my ipad?

Hi,

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

minarivera

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
viber access code cannot receive in viewpad

hi...im just new here
and saw this thread for not receiving access code for viber..many times clicking the button of not receiving in 60 seconds the access code and saying that it has been blocked here in uae..but as per the news update that it was still on use and not blocked by the etisalat....would love to hear from the management on how to get the access code...i am terribly missing my daughter's lovely voice saying i love you mommy! please help me.....thanks in advance....

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
hi...im just new here
and saw this thread for not receiving access code for viber..many times clicking the button of not receiving in 60 seconds the access code and saying that it has been blocked here in uae..but as per the news update that it was still on use and not blocked by the etisalat....would love to hear from the management on how to get the access code...i am terribly missing my daughter's lovely voice saying i love you mommy! please help me.....thanks in advance....

The block in the UAE prevents not only receiving Viber's code, but also the usage of Viber's service itself. This means that even if you receive the code, Viber won't function at all in the UAE, unfortunately :(

demonio

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Viber Team,

In my girlfriend's case, she is currently disputing some pretty outrageous charges on her cell phone bill. Her service has been disconnected, however she can still use certain features when connected to wifi. She tried installing Viber but she couldn't receive her access code via SMS or 24 hr call back. Is there any other way she can get her code?

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Viber Team,

In my girlfriend's case, she is currently disputing some pretty outrageous charges on her cell phone bill. Her service has been disconnected, however she can still use certain features when connected to wifi. She tried installing Viber but she couldn't receive her access code via SMS or 24 hr call back. Is there any other way she can get her code?

First, as explained above, please make sure your country isn't blocking Viber (because this is a possible reason for the inability to register to Viber).

If this isn't the case here, please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at Viber Support and Knowledge Base and give them the details of the problem.

saadkhan97

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot get Viber access code

guys i cannot access viber
and no sms recieved
and they are also not contacting meee as on automative call

- - - Updated - - -

wat should i do now

- - - Updated - - -

viber team this is ma no so please accept it 00966543474301

Trending Posts