Is there a list/sticky/site that lists the general apps every iphone user shouldn't be without? Like a battery app, calender app, better camera app etc? I tried to search tipb but found alot of personal preferences, which I realize is something relatively unavoidable. I searched google, but most lists are lists geared to specific genres (like for healthcare, photographers, journalists, bloggers etc).

I was just hoping to find a startup type of list. Maybe something that most iphone users agree every iphone needs to have installed? Maybe I am just imagining something that doesn't exist but I figured I would ask anyway....

Thanks
    12-16-2011 11:57 PM
    Start protecting your images using a nice application called Caveau. I love it.
    12-17-2011 12:42 AM
    Hi lytefall. What you want doesn't exist. It's just too personal a question. If you want the best calendar app, search calendar and you'll find there are as many opinions as people posting on it. Same for camera apps.
    12-17-2011 09:29 AM
    I kind of figured that. I just thought maybe there was some kind of general list. I guess not necessarily saying a specific app per se but a type of app or even a suggestion. Something like: for reasons X-Y-Z every iphone user should have a ____________ app, and here's a sample of as good one. Not sure if that kind of clarifies what I was looking for or makes it seem more confusing?
    12-17-2011 11:42 AM
    Hi lytefall...

I posted a general "must have" list (for me) on another thread... Here are my favorites:

Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Four Square
    Occasions
    Virtual Wallet
    Mint
    Poynt
    Starbucks
    SportsCenter
    Xfinity TV / TV Guide
    Shazam
    DataVault
    Camera+
    Kindle
    The Weather Channel
    SimpleLED
    Evernote
    Dictionary.com
    IMDB
    Google
    Dropbox
    Mashable!
    Huffington Post
    DataVault
    USA Today
    Amazon
    Urban Spoon
    Open Table
    Flixster
    Pandora
    Color Splash
    Tapatalk

If you have any questions about what those apps do, let me know!
    12-17-2011 12:08 PM
    I kind of figured that. I just thought maybe there was some kind of general list. I guess not necessarily saying a specific app per se but a type of app or even a suggestion. Something like: for reasons X-Y-Z every iphone user should have a ____________ app, and here's a sample of as good one. Not sure if that kind of clarifies what I was looking for or makes it seem more confusing?
    Same thing. I think every user should have a good calendar app, but the majority of users are happy with the built in calendar. Judging from the number of threads, a lot of people seem to feel everyone needs a good RPG...but I'm quite happy without one. DataBase? Spreadsheet? MLB? Even the categories are personal.
    12-17-2011 01:31 PM
    Essential Apps for every iphone user?
    No such thing. Essential is highly subjective. For example, I find GV Places essential. If you don't even use Google Voice then obviously it wouldn't be essential to you. Read the apps forum. Popular apps get discussed frequently and "best" and other such lists get posted all the time if you're really into such things.

Still subjective (good is another one of those highly subjective words). Why don't you post what you're interested in and what you're looking to do instead of trying to put the cart before the horse?
    Last edited by briareus; 12-18-2011 at 12:32 AM.
    12-18-2011 12:30 AM
    Apps I use nearly every day, in no particular order

1password
    GroceryList
    Evernote
    Tapatalk
    Facebook
    TripCase
    Concur
    (a bunch of banking, payment apps)
    Pages
    Numbers
    Currency
    Words With Friends
    12-18-2011 12:42 AM
    I'm not big on apps. But here are some apps that I use on a daily basis and some that I use once in a while.

Everyday Use:
    Facebook
    Tweetbot
    Tapatalk
    IM+ Pro
    Classic Clock
    Feeddler RSS Reader Pro
    Weather Live

Sometimes:
    Read It Later Pro
    Top Camera
    Motion X GPS Drive
    Star Walk
    12-18-2011 01:47 AM
    And these last two posts exemplify what we meant earlier - you'll get people just listing their favorites. Out of the two posts, I only use 4 apps between them, and wouldn't recommend but one as a must-have. (Must-haves, IMO, don't include games.)
    12-18-2011 10:15 AM
    Ok, thanks for the info everyone.

I guess I am just used to the way things were with BB (eg: the majority of users would recommend having a battery optimizing app, "quick pull" app instead of having to physically pull the battery for a reset etc etc). I guess the fact that theres no must have apps for every iphone is a good thing. It means theres no common issues across the whole platform that require apps to help solve.
    12-19-2011 10:03 AM
    It means theres no common issues across the whole platform that require apps to help solve.
    Bingo!! That's why we use iOS.
    12-19-2011 10:19 AM
    GoodReader is a Must-Have!!
    12-20-2011 11:38 AM
    When you get on iTunes from your computer it has something that you can click on that has an iPhone app starter list and it also has one for games as well
    12-20-2011 04:50 PM
    There's a starter section in the app store on your phone as well

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-20-2011 05:13 PM
    There's a starter section in the app store on your phone as well

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I didn't know that

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-20-2011 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD