On my old iPhone, to delete an App I just held it down until it wiggled, then tapped the X next to the App icon, and it was gone. On my new iphone 4, the same process get's all the icons to wiggle, but no X appears. There's nothing to tap. How do I delete Apps??
    12-15-2011 11:44 AM
    Apps are deleted the same way as before. Some apps (the Apple ones) can't be deleted. All other apps should have the X.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-15-2011 11:50 AM
    Thanks, but . . . NONE of the "wiggling" apps have an X. Any ideas about fixing that problem?
    12-15-2011 12:01 PM
    Apple apps that were the original ones on the phone cannot be deleted. And if you are jailbroken and downloaded any apps, packages, etc you will have to go to cydia -> manage -> packages -> click on something you want to uninstall and hit modify -> uninstall.
    12-15-2011 12:11 PM
    Sounds like you may have Restrictions set so apps can't be deleted by mistake. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions and see if restrictions are enabled. One of the choices is to restrict deleting apps.
    iVenom likes this.
    12-15-2011 12:25 PM
    Many thanks for the help. It's embarrassing to admit but, apparently I was trying to delete a couple of apps which came with the new phone. New apps are no problem . . . so, it's like someone said: if it came with the phone, you can't get rid of it. At least I won't waste any more time trying.

Again, THANKS for helping this very un-techy guy.
    12-15-2011 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD