I kept seeing this app in the app store but it didn't sound too great to me, but I decided to give it a try after reading this thread. So far I really like it! I don't watch the news on TV or read the paper, so this is a convenient way for me to stay current, at least a little, on business and technology interests. I will also be trying Pulse. Thank you all for your thoughts on this app!
    12-16-2011 03:05 PM
    I kept seeing this app in the app store but it didn't sound too great to me, but I decided to give it a try after reading this thread. So far I really like it! I don't watch the news on TV or read the paper, so this is a convenient way for me to stay current, at least a little, on business and technology interests. I will also be trying Pulse. Thank you all for your thoughts on this app!
    I also do not watch news on TV or read newspapers - I prefer to choose what I wish to let pass into my thoughts. I could care less what bad news the media wants to pour into my consciousness. I'm not having it. Flipbook is there when I choose it and only what I choose to flip.

It's flippin cool. Man.
    12-16-2011 04:35 PM
    Just downloaded. Still trying to tweak the settings to get what I want, but I'm loving it so far.
    12-20-2011 11:17 AM
    This is my new favorite app... its awesome.. I get all my news right from the app and I LOVE the twitter feed... IMO it is the best twitter app there is.. shows the entire tweet and if it include a pic, it shows almost full screen with no hitting a link, you just flip and bam, its there.. I don't use a regular twitter app anymore...
    12-31-2011 10:06 AM
    I love this app bcuz I utilize twitter,instagram, Facebook, and I like my technology and entertainment news. This has all of those in one spot and it's a lot easier to use then other apps (pulse). Pulse to me seems like a tablet app

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-31-2011 11:16 AM
    I downloaded it some days ago, but Im not using this app. Will use it soon.
    01-01-2012 09:40 PM
    that's weird dude ^

can anyone confirm if Flipboard now let's you see "subscribed" feeds from your Facebook
    01-12-2012 08:31 PM
    I used it on iPad a little so I was excited to see it came out for iPhone. Have used it a little bit, but I think I slightly prefer Zite on both devices. It isn't as sexy, but I think the layout is just a bit more efficient.

Plus, the point of these things is suppose to be to get NEWS. If it looks cool, great. But apps like these are basically glorified RSS readers that do the setup for you. For that reason, if I really want all the news I missed from the last 12-24 hours, my first stop is going to be an RSS reader (I use the free version of Feedler, which hooks into Google Reader account).

But both Flipboard and Zite are free apps, so if there's a news source that's free and works, I definitely keep it on my phone! The Facebook/Twitter integration is kind of neat.
    01-13-2012 02:56 PM
    this is great
    01-16-2012 02:08 AM
    It's an okay news app, but I much prefer News360 myself. Much nicer app.
    01-16-2012 09:58 AM
    STILL no support for Facebook subscriptions which = irritating and the reason why i refuse to use it
    02-18-2012 04:09 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD