Flipboard for iPhone

lightroomapps

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I first saw this on a friend's Ipad 2, so when I heard about the app being available
for iPhone, I made my way to the iTunes store and got it. At first there were some issues,
but the Flipboard support team was speedy to resolve the issues and it's working fine now.

After seeing it on iPad and flipping left to right, it was refreshing to see the flippping from
up to down on the iPhone app.

One of the coolest apps I've seen!
Thanks for sharing this info. Will try to download it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Facebook subscriptions not showing up in FB feed

finally received a response regarding the fact that subscribed feeds were not showing up in the Flipboard Timelines. here's what the Flipboard team had said about it:

People you are subscribed to is a recent feature from Facebook, which we hope to add as soon as it is available via their API. You should see the subscribed posts in your timeline. Please let me know if you are not seeing the posts and, if so, provide a few examples and we'll investigate what may be the matter.

i have yet to see any subscribed posts and that is what i responded back with, as well as a subscription i am subscribed to so they can maybe figure out what is going on

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Google Flipboard and you will find their website with an iPhone User Guide. I read the guide and am having no problems seeing all that I wish to see with this beautiful FREE app.

:confused: I'm perplexed... so many complaints about a free download? Really?

nicmeredith

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I kept seeing this app in the app store but it didn't sound too great to me, but I decided to give it a try after reading this thread. So far I really like it! I don't watch the news on TV or read the paper, so this is a convenient way for me to stay current, at least a little, on business and technology interests. I will also be trying Pulse. Thank you all for your thoughts on this app!

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I kept seeing this app in the app store but it didn't sound too great to me, but I decided to give it a try after reading this thread. So far I really like it! I don't watch the news on TV or read the paper, so this is a convenient way for me to stay current, at least a little, on business and technology interests. I will also be trying Pulse. Thank you all for your thoughts on this app!

I also do not watch news on TV or read newspapers - I prefer to choose what I wish to let pass into my thoughts. I could care less what bad news the media wants to pour into my consciousness. I'm not having it. Flipbook is there when I choose it and only what I choose to flip.

:cool: It's flippin cool. Man.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
This is my new favorite app... its awesome.. I get all my news right from the app and I LOVE the twitter feed... IMO it is the best twitter app there is.. shows the entire tweet and if it include a pic, it shows almost full screen with no hitting a link, you just flip and bam, its there.. I don't use a regular twitter app anymore...

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I love this app bcuz I utilize twitter,instagram, Facebook, and I like my technology and entertainment news. This has all of those in one spot and it's a lot easier to use then other apps (pulse). Pulse to me seems like a tablet app

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that's weird dude ^

can anyone confirm if Flipboard now let's you see "subscribed" feeds from your Facebook

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I used it on iPad a little so I was excited to see it came out for iPhone. Have used it a little bit, but I think I slightly prefer Zite on both devices. It isn't as sexy, but I think the layout is just a bit more efficient.

Plus, the point of these things is suppose to be to get NEWS. If it looks cool, great. But apps like these are basically glorified RSS readers that do the setup for you. For that reason, if I really want all the news I missed from the last 12-24 hours, my first stop is going to be an RSS reader (I use the free version of Feedler, which hooks into Google Reader account).

But both Flipboard and Zite are free apps, so if there's a news source that's free and works, I definitely keep it on my phone! The Facebook/Twitter integration is kind of neat.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
STILL no support for Facebook subscriptions which = irritating and the reason why i refuse to use it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2