Triple Entendre hints

captphealy

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Chapter 22...in which your humble narrator goes overboard in pointing out how stupid he is...:

The chess pieces are queens, right? Don't know what the arrow's pointing to.

The horns, I thought "Devil's Tower". Didn't get anywhere

The bridge resembles Sydney Harbor Bridge. This got me thinking Queensland. Then I moved south, thought "Tasmanian Devil", Abel Tasman,...I'm going in circles, haven't gotten so much as a single "close but no cigar".

I hate feeling stupid. (And I apologize for oversharing, but someone's forum setup doesn't let me send PMs yet...)

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Chapter 22...in which your humble narrator goes overboard in pointing out how stupid he is...:

The chess pieces are queens, right? Don't know what the arrow's pointing to.

The horns, I thought "Devil's Tower". Didn't get anywhere

The bridge resembles Sydney Harbor Bridge. This got me thinking Queensland. Then I moved south, thought "Tasmanian Devil", Abel Tasman,...I'm going in circles, haven't gotten so much as a single "close but no cigar".

I hate feeling stupid. (And I apologize for oversharing, but someone's forum setup doesn't let me send PMs yet...)

First, bravo on the reference, Mr. DeLarge.

You are on the wrong side of the world. This is within the United States. Should you not be someone in the US, the Queens will likely not help you. If you are in the US (or know about it's geography), my previous sentence gives a big clue.

Devil, sure. But this is a geography question.

captphealy

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
First, bravo on the reference, Mr. DeLarge.

You are on the wrong side of the world. This is within the United States. Should you not be someone in the US, the Queens will likely not help you. If you are in the US (or know about it's geography), my previous sentence gives a big clue.

Devil, sure. But this is a geography question.

Speaking as someone who has been publicly embarrassed on geography questions (and on other topics as well), this doesn't fill me with confidence. And I started in the U. S. (Devil's Tower is in Wyoming - see "Close Encounters..." for further info.)

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Speaking as someone who has been publicly embarrassed on geography questions (and on other topics as well), this doesn't fill me with confidence. And I started in the U. S. (Devil's Tower is in Wyoming - see "Close Encounters..." for further info.)

There's a reason I capitalized "Queens."

JCTWeb

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Number 15 - am I answering the riddle with something related to the picture? I feel like I've tried every variation of "switch" and "hub"

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Number 15 - am I answering the riddle with something related to the picture? I feel like I've tried every variation of "switch" and "hub"

Forget that they are modems or networking devices. All you need to worry about us that they are computing devices, which speak a specific language. Also, don't forget ygdtcyge setup is a joke. The solution relates more to your appreciation of the joke than a deep knowledge of telecom or networking.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Can someone give me a hint on Level 7 Lite? I've been stumped on this for a while now!

Same here. And is anyone playing the 80's movie one? That one is great, but I am stumped on #5. I thought for sure I would breeze through this one, loving all things (and being a child of) the 80's

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Level 7 lite...if u still need help...who are the quotes from? I need help with lvl 10 lite;any ideas?

For 10 lite, you'll need to know what the tiangle symbol means. Put a description of into Google and then see if you can find it.

Once you know what it means, think of a recent event where that symbol would apply. The top image confirms that you have it right. Hint: the word you want is not English.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get past the 4th puzzle!!! Someone please pm me the answer. Love this app but its really frustrating it doesn't give hints or answers. If you get stuck the game just ends.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
#8 lite version. I know who they are taking about but have no idea wate date they want. Tried the date for birth, death, the date 55 occurred. Nothing. Any hints?

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get past the 4th puzzle!!! Someone please pm me the answer. Love this app but its really frustrating it doesn't give hints or answers. If you get stuck the game just ends.

Full or lite?

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
#8 lite version. I know who they are taking about but have no idea wate date they want. Tried the date for birth, death, the date 55 occurred. Nothing. Any hints?

Date of 55. Make sure to enter as Month Day, Year. Month needs to be spelled out. Think Thanksgiving.

Reactions: iSRS

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Assume the full version. This is, yes, one of those that requires you to be exact.

My suggestion is to use Wikipedia and don't think too hard. The article treats this language in a "different" way from others.

Worse comes to worst, you can try every dialect sowcin the article.